Items Similar to Rare Russian Parcel-Gilt Silver Covered Cup, circa 1750 View More
Rare Russian Parcel-Gilt Silver Covered Cup, circa 1750
From the reign of Russian Empress Elizabeth Petrovna, this rare mid 18th century silver charka or drinking cup was made Grigorii Serebrianikov in the ancient capital of Moscow. The partially gilded cylindrical cup is decorated with scrolls and rocaille typical of the period in a pleasing design which was generally not repeated after the 18th century, fitted with a scroll handle and raised on three ball feet. The slip on cover of similar decoration with baluster finial and everted rim. Stamped on the base and cover with the initials of Moscow silversmith, Grigorii Ivanov Serebrianikov (active 1745-1768), the Moscow symbol of Saint George Slaying the Dragon above the date year (worn and illegible) and Cyrillic initials DM for Danila Moshalkin (1750-1758) for the assaymaster. -2 ½ in. (6.4 cm.) high including cover from base of ball feet to finial; cup 1 ¾ in. (4.4 cm) diam.
- CreatorGrigorii Ivanov Serebrianikov
- In the Style OfRussian Empire
- Place of OriginRussia
- Date of Manufacture1750s
- PeriodMid-18th Century
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLewiston, NY
- Seller Reference Number277FDM
- Reference NumberLU2327796122
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-2 weeks.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2011
Typical response time: 3 hours
Located in Lewiston, NY
More From This Seller
Rare Russian Enamelled Kovsh by Grachev, circa ...
Antique Early 1900s Russian Revival
$550 Sale Price
Pair of Russian Silver Salt Cellars, circa 1910
Early 20th Century Russian Empire
$3,040 Sale Price
Russian Silver Salt Throne by Sazikov, circa 1880
Antique 1880s Russian Revival
You May Also Like
Antique Russian Silver-Mounted Rectangular Cut ...
Early 20th Century
Vintage Stuart Devlin Sterling Silver and Ameth...
Vintage 1970s Modernist
$12,850 Sale Price
Rare LIBERTY Silver Enamel Rose Bowl, Birmingh...
Liberty & Co.
Early 20th Century
Russian Silver Gilt Niello Scent Bottle
Antique Early 19th Century
Theodore B. Starr Sterling Silver Bowl
Theodore B. Starr
Antique Early 1900s
Art Nouveau American Silver Bowl
Antique Late 19th Century Art Nouveau