Items Similar to H A Cary Figural Orientalist One Hump Camel Sterling Silver Letter Opener View More
H A Cary Figural Orientalist One Hump Camel Sterling Silver Letter Opener
A wonderful figural sterling silver letter in the form of a one hump camel. The camel wears a wry expression on its face and has a finely detailed, sculptural quality. This is one of line of several very high quality camel items that H A Cary Silversmiths produced in the very early 20th century. The base has an open seam typical of the light gauge work from their workshop of New York. The base bears a C in Diamond maker's mark for H A Cary, 925/1000 Sterling fineness mark, and a model no. 453. Length: ca. 9 7/8 in. Items purchased from this dealer must delight you. Purchases may be returned for any reason for a period of seven days.
- CreatorH A Cary Silversmiths
- In the Style OfEgyptian Revival
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Date of ManufactureEarly 20th Century
- Condition DetailsWith some openings at the seams, a slight bend at the joint of the camel and blade, some light edge wear, a few light indentions, and some light surface scratches here and there. A small tag rattles in the interior still.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 2.13 in. x W 1.63 in. x D 9.8 in.H 54.11 mm x W 41.41 mm x D 248.93 mm
- Length9.8 in. (248.93 mm)
- Weight79 g
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference NumberLU84935484812
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-2 weeks.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Philadelphia, PA
More From This Seller
Exceptional Early Victorian English Sterling Si...
Henry Wilkinson & Co.
Antique 19th Century Early Victorian Desk Accessories
Vintage Tiffany & Co. 14 Karat Gold Paper Clip ...
Tiffany & Co.
Vintage 1980s Modern Desk Accessories
Vintage Matilde Poulat Mexican Sterling Silver ...
Mid-20th Century Modernist Vanity Items
Antique Asprey & Co. London Sterling Silver Boo...
Asprey International Limited
Vintage 1930s Art Deco More Objets d'Art and Vertu
You May Also Like
Sterling Silver Buccellati Magnifier/Letter Opener
Vintage 1980s Desk Accessories
Sapphire Eyes Sterling Silver Alligator Letter ...
H.H. Prince John Landrum Bryant
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary More Objets d'Art and Vertu
Aztec Eagle Letter Opener
Vintage 1970s Artisan More Objets d'Art and Vertu
1950s Maciel Sterling Silver Mexican Sombrero S...
Mid-20th Century Retro More Objets d'Art and Vertu
Deakin & Francis Sterling Silver Vintage Steeri...
Deakin & Francis
2010s Contemporary Desk Accessories
Girasol Sterling Silver Paperweight by House Ne...
House New York
2010s Modern Desk Accessories