Items Similar to "Incense Rising to Heaven," Bronze Panel with Angels by Supreme Court Sculptor
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
"Incense Rising to Heaven," Bronze Panel with Angels by Supreme Court Sculptor
Extraordinary and unique, this gorgeous sculptural bronze panel depicting two statuesque angels swinging censors pouring out billows of incense was sculpted by Adolph Weinman for a New York installation in 1912. Born in Germany in 1870, Weinman immigrated to America as a 10 year old boy, and later studied or worked with several of the great masters of American sculpture, including August Saint-Gaudens and Daniel Chester French. Later he became one of the leading sculptors of public monuments and memorials, and is famous for his work for the Morgan Library, New York's Municipal Building, Madison Square Presbyterian Church, the state capitols in Wisconsin and Missouri, and the Elks National Memorial Headquarters in Chicago. Perhaps he is best known today for his friezes for the Supreme Court Building in Washington, D.C. The details in this panel are exquisite, including the tall, elegant forms of the two angels, the complex Grecian folds of their drapery, and the fine feathery surface of their wings. The panel is signed with Weinman's monogram and is dated.
- CreatorAdolph Weinman (Sculptor)
- DimensionsHeight: 12.88 in. (32.72 cm)Width: 15.25 in. (38.74 cm)Depth: .5 in. (1.27 cm)
- StyleArt Nouveau (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesCastBronze
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1912
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU865119235012
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Philadelphia, PA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2009
227 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Don GriffithLocated in Philadelphia, PACarved from a "found" panel of distressed walnut, this superb bas relief sculptural panel of a falling satyr, hi...Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- By Henry PegramLocated in Philadelphia, PADemonstrating his mastery of allegorical subjects and the nude figure, this large octagonal sculptural bronze pa...Category
Vintage 1920s British Belle Époque Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- By Fred TorreyLocated in Philadelphia, PASculpted and cast as the prototype for a bronze awards plaque celebrating accomplishment in American football, t...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PABeautifully detailed and masterfully cast and patinated, this bronze panel, probably from the late 19th or early...Category
Antique Early 1900s Swedish Neoclassical Revival Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- By Anna von KoranyiLocated in Philadelphia, PAThis extraordinary bronze panel by Hungarian artist Anna von Koranyi, depicting a group of nude miners working d...Category
Vintage 1920s Hungarian Art Deco SculpturesMaterials
- By John FlanaganLocated in Philadelphia, PACreated by one of the great masters of bas relief sculpture in America, John Flanagan, this profile depiction of...Category
Vintage 1930s American Beaux Arts Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Small Early 19th Century French Copper Neoclassical Panel with Angels
Located in Amsterdam, NL
Very rare small neoclassical panel. The panel is made out of copper. The decoration is extremely detailed and of a high quality. France, circa 1800-1850. Weathered. Measurement incl...
Antique 19th Century French Neoclassical Decorative Art
US$357 Sale Price
One of Kind Wall Art Panels Bronze by Eckehard Weimann
By Eckehard Weimann
Located in Dietmannsried, Bavaria
The elaborate wall sculpture is handmade. 3-dimensional wall art panel as a relief The organically worked wooden sculpture is coated with bronze. The plastic effect is created by ...
21st Century and Contemporary German Art Deco Wall-mounted Sculptures
1 Panel, Wall to Wall, Colored Flooring by Raw Edges for Established & Sons
By Established & Sons, Raw Edges
Located in London, GB
The price reflects one 1000m x 1000m, 78-block panel. The Wall to Wall product customization options are endless, and Established & Sons will work closely with their client in order ...
21st Century and Contemporary English Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures
Spectacular Petrified Incense Cedar Wood Fossil
Located in London, GB
This spectacular cross section of petrified cedar wood comes from Saddle Mountain, Washington. It is remarkably large with a wonderful and highly aesthetic shape, exhibiting vibrant ...
Antique 15th Century and Earlier Natural Specimens
Antique Carved Set of Marble Gothic Altar Panels w Christ and Disciples & Angels
Located in Lisse, NL
Stunning and all hand carved Gothic Revival from the late 1800s depicting a biblical scene. This unique and large set of three altar panels is another one of our recent great finds....
Antique 19th Century Italian Gothic Revival Religious Items
Gianfranco Ferré Home Sunshine Wall Decorative Panel in Wood with Bronze Finish
By Gianfranco Ferre Home
Located in Cantu, IT
Wall decorative elements in carved wood with bronzed finishing.
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures
Late 1800 Bronze Window Frame Winged Angel Sculpture Presenting Veronica's Veil
Located in Lisse, NL
Heavy bronze Gothic church window frame with a Saint Veronica sculpture. This incredibly well made and strong, bronze window frame with a sizable angel statue in the center is anoth...
Antique Late 19th Century European Gothic Revival Religious Items
Cast Bronze Horned Glass Eyed Devil or Satan Wall Memo Clip Stamped Arthur Court
By Arthur Court
Located in Ferndale, MI
Frightening Devil image cast in bronze with spring clip holder. Glass eyes, stamped Arthur Court 1977.
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery