Items Similar to "Clash of the Titans," Mythological Bronze Rondel with Male Nudes, France
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
"Clash of the Titans," Mythological Bronze Rondel with Male Nudes, France
Clearly influenced by Gustav Dore's masterful painting of a crowd of Titans pushing an enormous boulder at the top of a mountain, with lightning bolts overhead, the sculptor here was clearly interested in displaying his mastery of the male form. Whether raising his fist against the heavens, straining to push a boulder up the mountain, or tumbling down in the face of a greater power, all three male nudes are beautifully captured. The panel's high relief dramatizes every limb and muscle.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Philadelphia, PA
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2009
219 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- By Anna von KoranyiLocated in Philadelphia, PAThis extraordinary bronze panel by Hungarian artist Anna von Koranyi, depicting a group of nude miners working d...Category
Vintage 1920s Hungarian Art Deco SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PABoldly sculpted in gilded bronze and gorgeously enriched with several shades of enamel, including mother of pear...Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- By Ferdinand LevillainLocated in Philadelphia, PAThis very fine carved relief panel was sculpted by Ferdinand Levillain, France's master of bas relief at the tur...Category
Antique 1890s French Beaux Arts SculpturesMaterials
- By Richmond BarthéLocated in Philadelphia, PAThis highly important and unique intaglio or counter-relief panel by Richmond Barthé is a wall sculpture that al...Category
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PAA modern interpretation of the ancient story that Orpheus played the lyre so sweetly and enchantingly that he ch...Category
Vintage 1920s German Art Deco Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PABoldly sculpted and beautifully finished with a deep mossy green glaze, this bas relief sculpture depicts a nude...Category
Early 20th Century Italian Neoclassical Revival Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Clash of the Titans
Located in London, GB
Original US film poster for Clash of the Titans, 1981. This fantasy adventure film was directed by Desmond Davis and written by Beverley Cross. The film stars Harry Hamlin, Judi Bow...
Vintage 1980s American Posters
Pair of French Bronze Portrait Plaques of Voltaire & Rouseau, Signed Marie F
Located in Oaks, PA
Pair of French bronze portrait plaques of Voltaire & Rouseau, Signed Marie F, Each one finely cast of a profile portrait of e Arouet de Voltaire, one Jean Jaques Rouseau.
Antique 19th Century French Neoclassical Wall-mounted Sculptures
Pair of Antique French Bronze Appliqués Depicting Art and Music
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
Pair of antique French bronze appliqués depicting art and music, each one finely cast draped putto one holding an artists palette the other a lute. Art measures: 10.5" H x 6" W Mus...
Antique 19th Century French Baroque Revival Figurative Sculptures
Bronze Wall Mounted Hook of Medusa and Serpent in the Roman Style
Located in East Hampton, NY
A most unusual cast bronze wall hook with the face of Medusa and a scrolled snake with hook. Nice dark patina in great antique condition. Stamp impressed upon foundry frame (see deta...
Vintage 1930s French Classical Roman Figurative Sculptures
Pair of 19th c. French Shaped Bronze Hunt-Themed Wall Plaques
Located in New York, NY
Pair of 19th century French shaped bronze wall plaques, each showing dogs' head holding game in its mouth, a bird and rabbit, respectively.
Antique Late 19th Century French Baroque Revival Wall-mounted Sculptures
French 19th Century Plaster Copy of Lady from the Louvre
Located in Baton Rouge, LA
Stunning French 19th century plaster copy of lady from the Louvre, circa 1850. It has a small plaque on the back “Musee Du Louvre -Reproduction Interdite - Ateliers de Moulage.”
Antique 19th Century French Other Wall-mounted Sculptures
Bronze Sculpture "The Shell" 1988, by Jacques Tenenhaus
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Bronze with brown patination. Signed the back "Jacques Tenenhaus - 1/8". Landowski Foundry's Mark, 1990.
20th Century Abstract Sculptures
Round Bronze Sculpture of Bird
Located in Napa, CA
Round bronze sculptural disk featuring the emblem of a bird with outstretched wings.
Vintage 1970s Wall-mounted Sculptures
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Male French Bronze
19th Century Male Nude
Clash Of The Titans
Black Forest Antler Mount
Carved Wooden Panels
Wood Sculpture Wall Hanging
Curtis Jere Sunburst Sculpture
Gilt Metal Decoration
Plaster Sculpture Relief