Beauvais Mythological Tapestry of Orpheus and Eurydice, France, circa 1710Item Status:
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 9
Beauvais Mythological Tapestry of Orpheus and Eurydice, France, circa 1710
Large circa 1710 French Beauvais tapestry depicting Orpheus playing harp to Eurydice attended by putti with floral, foliate and fruit garland border. Additional search terms: Aubusson, Gobelins, Camondo, country house, chateau, baroque, rococo, mythological, Greek, Roman, Romantic, neoclassical, classical
- DimensionsHeight: 119 in. (302.26 cm)Width: 108.5 in. (275.59 cm)Depth: .25 in. (6.35 mm)
- StyleLouis XIV (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1710
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor structural damages. Old separations. Presents beautifully as is, but restoration is recommended and can be arranged.
- Seller LocationKinderhook, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1002112171223
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Kinderhook, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Kinderhook, NY
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2012
1stDibs seller since 2013
97 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Kinderhook, NYBrussels or Flemish tapestry fragment depicting the 'Death of Adonis' or 'Venus Mourning Adonis' with Venus (Aph...Category
Antique Early 18th Century Belgian Baroque TapestriesMaterials
- Located in Kinderhook, NYA 'grand tour' watercolor painting on woven paper of an Italian coastal scene with village, boat, and washer-wom...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Italian PaintingsMaterials
- By Wilhelm Johann Karl ZahnLocated in Kinderhook, NYA set of three chromolithographs or prints by German architect, painter, art critic, and archeologist Wilhelm Jo...Category
Antique 1840s German Classical Roman PrintsMaterials
Glass, Wood, PaperUS$1,275 Sale Price / set57% Off
- Located in Kinderhook, NYInterior illustration, study, or rendering in watercolor on paper of a bedroom by the renowned late New York Cit...Category
Vintage 1980s PaintingsMaterials
Glass, Giltwood, Paint, Paper
- Located in Kinderhook, NYInterior illustration, study, or rendering in watercolor on paper of a drawing or living room by the renowned la...Category
Vintage 1980s American PaintingsMaterials
Glass, Giltwood, Paint, Paper
You May Also Like
Large French, Louis XV, Beauvais Style Tapestry in Boucher Rococo Taste
Located in Nashville, TN
Large, tightly woven in Pompadour pink with floral festoons and garlands (an Aubusson feel ) encasing allegorical figure possibly after Fragonard's 'L'Aurore or Dawn. BvB (Beauvais )...
Antique Late 19th Century French Rococo Tapestries
US$7,800 Sale Price
Bacchus and Ariadne, early 18th Century mythological tapestry
Located in London, GB
This antique tapestry, possibly over 300 years old, is expertly and intricately woven and depicts a classic subject for artists: the story of Bacchus and Ariadne. The original versio...
Antique Early 18th Century Dutch Classical Roman Tapestries
Vintage French Tapestry, circa 20th Century
Located in Chevy Chase, MD
Vintage French Tapestry, hand knotted, circa 20th century Design: Pictorial Tapestry is a form of textile art, traditionally woven by hand on a loom. Tapestry is weft-faced weavin...
20th Century French Other Tapestries
US$2,145 Sale Price
17th Century Needlework of Orpheus Taming the Wild Animals, circa 1640
Located in Downingtown, PA
17th century needlework of orpheus taming the wild animals, Circa 1640 The large-shaped needlework panel worked in wool and colored silk depicts the central figure of Orpheus pla...
Antique 17th Century English Jacobean Decorative Art
French Landscape Tapestry Probably Beauvais, circa 1750 7'3 x 9'3
Located in New York, NY
French landscape tapestry probably Beauvais, circa 1750. Although not a product of the Royal Gobelins factory in Paris, this pictorial landscape tapestry is extremely Fine with silk ...
Antique 18th Century French Tapestries
Beauvais French Style Tapestry, The Collation the Story of the Emperor of China
By Jean-Baptiste Monnoyer, Beauvais Royal Manufactory
Located in Dallas, TX
73699 Beauvais French Style Tapestry, The Collation the Story of the Emperor of China 05'00 x 06'07. This handwoven wool French Style tapestry is a reproduction of the Beauvais Tapes...
21st Century and Contemporary Chinese Louis XIV Western European Rugs
Antique French Beauvais Tapestry from the Late 17th Century
By Beauvais Royal Manufactory
Located in Dallas, TX
This is a large, horizontal fragment of a late 17th century Beauvais tapestry. Beauvais tapestry manufacture was one of the most well-known tapestry workshops in France. Beauvais was...
Antique Late 17th Century French Louis XIV Tapestries
A Rare & Important French Louis XIV Beauvais Tapestry
By Joseph Van De Kerchove & Adrien Campion
Located in Sheffield, MA
Title: "Vaisseaux" From the series “Les ports de mer” This is one of the few seascapes woven at Beauvais. The series was based on the cartoons by joseph Van de Kerchove and Adrien...
Antique 18th Century and Earlier French Tapestries