Items Similar to "Under the Big Top" by John Huffington
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 4
"Under the Big Top" by John Huffington
Oil on board in early frame. Signed on back of panel. 1864-1929 John C. Huffington was a self-taught artist who painted scenes he encountered in his travels along the northeastern coast of the United States. Born in Brooklyn in 1864, he learned his trade in his father’s art store, where he mingled with some of the most famous artists in New York. Although he never attended art school, he began exhibiting pictures at the National Academy of Design and the New York Water-Color Club at a young age. In his adult life he made frequent painting excursions to the eastern coast and, for the last seven years of his life, lived in a houseboat near Darien, Connecticut. Huffington was best known for his seascapes, rendered in pale shades laid out in a thick impasto, and often marked by an impressionistic quality. Today, his works can be found at the San Diego Museum of Art.
- CreatorJohn Huffington (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 14 in. (35.56 cm)Width: 16 in. (40.64 cm)Depth: 2 in. (5.08 cm)
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1910
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Dimensions listed include frame. Painting measures 10" x 12". Earlier frame in overall decent condition but with some wear.
- Seller LocationWiscasset, ME
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1017611369421
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Wiscasset, ME
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Wiscasset, ME
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1998
1stDibs seller since 2013
139 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- By John Bentham-Dinsdale 2Located in Wiscasset, MESigned lower left. (Born in Yorkshire, England in 1927; died in 2008). Dinsdale painted the sea and great ships ...Category
Vintage 1980s English Victorian PaintingsMaterials
PaintUS$4,400 Sale Price22% Off
- By Marion GreenwoodLocated in Wiscasset, MEOil on canvas, signed and dated lower left 1952. Marion Greenwood is one of America's most brilliant and dynami...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern PaintingsMaterials
PaintUS$1,900 Sale Price44% Off
You May Also Like
Painting from the 1970s under Plexiglass
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Painting from the 1970s under plexiglass.
Vintage 1960s French Modern Paintings
"Beneath the Surface" by John W. McCoy
By John W. McCoy
Located in West Chester, PA
Abstract watercolor painting of stones underwater in a stream.
20th Century American Post-Modern Paintings
St John the Baptist
Located in Mexico, DF
Jose de Alcibar, infant Saint John, signed and dated 1802, oil on copper. This item does not belong to the mexican heritage as it has been acquired and/or comes from a private collec...
Antique Early 19th Century North American Spanish Colonial Paintings
"Morning in the Highland" Painting by John Morris
By John Morris
Located in Los Angeles, CA
"Morning in the Highland" painting by John Morris. Signed oil on canvas. Dimensions: without the frame: 28" x 36.25" with the frame: 41" x 49".
Antique 1890s American Paintings
'The Big Picture' Portrait Painting by Alan Fears Pop Art
By Alan Fears
Located in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Acrylic on canvas by Alan Fears, 2020. Alan Fears (b. 1974) is an emerging British artist who is shortlisted for the John Moores painting prize, 2021, and is featured on the cover...
21st Century and Contemporary English Modern Contemporary Art
Painting under Glass from the Beginning of the 20th Century
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Painting under glass from the beginning of the 20th century representing the countryside of Saint-Denis.
Early 20th Century French Arts and Crafts Paintings
Colorful Abstract by the Noted Californian Artist John Szabo
By John Szabo
Located in Palm Springs, CA
A quite stunning abstract by the noted Californian artist John Szabo. This piece is electric with it's vibrant tones. She minor handling marks.
21st Century and Contemporary American Paintings
Don Freeman 'Under The El' American Realist Oil Painting
By Don Freeman
Located in New York, NY
American Realist framed oil on canvas painting titled 'Under The El', created by Don Freeman (1908-1978) in circa 1940. The scene depicts a New York City street night scene with a co...
Vintage 1940s American Art Deco Paintings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery