Primitive Winetable Painting
A 19th century winetable top mounted as a circular painting. These tables were used by French and Italian farmers to have a meal on the field or a glass in the winecellar. With their folding top they were light and easy to carry around. This example had a completely battered support but the top itself was beautiful. The paint and drawing on the original canvas has completely faded and turned in to an attractive grey. Reminscent to abstract monochromes and made by time it forms an interesting piece of art.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1850
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 34.26 in. x Dm 34.26 in.H 87 cm x Dm 87 cm
- Diameter34.26 in. (87 cm)
- Seller LocationVosselaar, BE
- Reference NumberLU2023316641962
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$719.16Front Doorto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-7 weeks.Delivered to the first available dry area outside of your house or building (front door, porch, landing area, garage, etc.).Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Vosselaar, BE
More From This Seller
Italian 17th Century Winetable Folding Table Co...
Antique 17th Century Italian Baroque
You May Also Like
Large French Naive Painting Primitive Shop Publ...
Antique Late 19th Century French Primitive
Large Early 19th Century Primitive Tiger Picture
Antique 1820s English Primitive
Early 20th Century American