Items Similar to New England Winter Day, John Wolfe, Oil Paint on Academy Board, circa 1950 View More
New England Winter Day, John Wolfe, Oil Paint on Academy Board, circa 1950
This American regionalism painting by John Wolfe, circa 1950 in its original frame, depicts a Vermont village beneath mountain ridges, with a covered bridge in the foreground, on a cold late winter day. Signed in the lower right. Wolfe's Expressionist style evokes the change in weather, from a recent winter thaw and melting, back to a cold day when chimney smoke rises straight upward. Wolfe uses light brushstrokes and vague edges to create this particular New England mood of rapidly changing temperature. The frame has a small chip in the upper right-hand corner, as seen in the photograph, otherwise the painting is in excellent condition, and is very pleasing to the eye. The overall dimensions including the frame are listed below; the sight measurements are 19"W x 14.5"H. Thank you for visiting my 1stdibs storefront. Please come visit my shop in Quechee the next time you are in Vermont. Robert James Walsh & Company.
- CreatorJohn Wolfe (Artist)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1950
- Materials and TechniquesBrushedPaint
- Condition DetailsMinor loss to the frame's upper right-hand corner, otherwise in excellent condition.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 21 in. x W 25 in. x D 2 in.H 53.34 cm x W 63.5 cm x D 5.08 cm
- Seller LocationQuechee, VT
- Seller Reference NumberD218-5-BB/WR
- Reference NumberLU92869818663
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$175Standardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 2 hours
Located in Quechee, VT
More From This Seller
Endings, Expressionist Oil Paint on Found Frame...
21st Century and Contemporary Canadian Expressionist Paintings
Burlap, Acrylic, Hardwood
"Pony Up", Small Oil Painting on Artist's Board...
2010s American Modern Paintings
Expressionist Still Life, Oil on Canvas, Califo...
20th Century American Expressionist Paintings
Canvas, Paint, Wood
You May Also Like
Lili Ege, Danish Painter, Oil on Board, "Winter...
Vintage 1970s Danish Scandinavian Modern Paintings
New England Oil Painting on Board, Barn by Paul...
1990s American Modern Paintings
Signed Alice LeFevre Oil on Board of Pastoral N...
Vintage 1930s American Paintings
Wood, Masonite, Paint
American Oil Framed Landscape on Academy Board,...
Antique 1820s American American Classical Paintings
Gilbert Gaul Impressionistic Oil on Board, Wint...
Early 20th Century Paintings
John Haley Oil on Board, 1947
Vintage 1940s American Mid-Century Modern Paintings
Large Friedrich K. Gotsch "Winter" Oil Painting, circa 1950, Germany
By Friedrich Karl Gotsch 2
Large Friedrich K. Gotsch "Winter" Oil Painting...
Friedrich Karl Gotsch 2
Mid-20th Century German Expressionist Paintings