Items Similar to Erté '1892-1990' Limited Edition Color 1989 Serigraph, "The Balcony"
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 20
Erté '1892-1990' Limited Edition Color 1989 Serigraph, "The Balcony"
A large and very decorative Serigraph by Master Art Deco artist Erté. Pencil signed lower right, numbered LXXV/CCC lower left. Along with gallery documentation on verso. sight 39 1/2”x 28" x 1” deep. The Serigraph is matted in gold, black and white papers, cream tone frame 51 x 39" Condition: Overall very good condition with only minor age and use wear.
- CreatorErté (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 39.5 in. (100.33 cm)Width: 28 in. (71.12 cm)Depth: 1 in. (2.54 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Date of Manufacture1986
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBridgeport, CT
- Reference NumberSeller: 1266211stDibs: LU1755222622142
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$175 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-6 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Bridgeport, CT
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Artist
Born Romain de Tirtoff (1892–1990) in St. Petersburg, Russia, to an aristocratic family, the artist known as Erté — a pseudonym derived from the French pronunciation of his initials — was a Renaissance man of the art and design world. He worked in graphic arts, interior design, fashion, jewelry and set design for the stage and silver screen, becoming a leader of the Art Deco style.Moving to Paris in 1912, Erté worked as a fashion designer under couturier Paul Poiret before securing a job with Harper’s Bazaar as a cover artist. Over 22 years, Erté created more than 240 magazine covers alongside his ongoing work in fashion design. Extending his prolific career into theater sets, costumes, prints and lithographs, he became one of the most famous artists of the era. Erté’s style — a combination of the nature-inspired flourishes of Art Nouveau and bold, geometric linework — directly contributed to the birth of Art Deco, earning him the nickname “the Father of Art Deco.”After a lull of creative production in the 1940s and 1950s, Erté reentered the public eye in the 1960s, when a renewed interest in Art Deco had taken shape. Creating colorful lithographs, bold serigraphs (silk-screen prints) and bronze sculptures, he contributed to a resurgence of the style in France and beyond. This late-life acclaim for his art led to exhibitions in museums and galleries all over the world as well as his first published monograph in 1970. That same year he was awarded the title of Chevalier du Mérite Artistique et Cultural and in 1976 was named Officier des Arts et Lettres by the French government. Today, Erté’s works are in the collections of the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum, in New York, the Victoria and Albert Museum in London and LACMA in Los Angeles..On 1stDibs, browse a collection of Erté art, including fine-art prints, paintings and other works.
About the Seller
Located in Bridgeport, CT
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
1stDibs seller since 2015
910 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Bridgeport, CTMassive contemporary work of art signed, dated 1995 and titled on verso- "Still Life with Picasso and Correggio"...Category
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Contemporary ArtMaterials
- Located in Bridgeport, CTA rarely seen midcentury wall sculpture of three free-standing musicians of sheet iron playing a horn, drum and ...Category
Vintage 1960s Brutalist Contemporary ArtMaterials
- Located in Bridgeport, CTA striking contemporary statement in woven art. Group of four different designs in five frames with white corded...Category
Early 2000s Mid-Century Modern Decorative ArtMaterials
- Located in Bridgeport, CTPeriod midcentury encaustic artwork in all original condition titled, “Turbulence of the Mind” and signed “Warfi...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern PaintingsMaterials
- Located in Bridgeport, CTA large mixed-media painting by Paton Miller of the studio of Fairfield Porter in Eastern Long Island. Signed an...Category
Early 2000s American Modern PaintingsMaterials
You May Also Like
Erte ‘French, 1892-1990’ the Trapeze
Located in North Bergen, NJ
Erte (French, 1892-1990), The Trapeze screen print in colors, from The Theatre Suite, signed and numbered 121/300 in pencil lower margin, matted and presented in black lacquer frame....
Mid-20th Century Paintings
Jean Dewasne Artist Edition Serigraph
By Jean Dewasne 1
Located in Westport, CT
Jean Dewasne artist edition serigraph and dedicated reverse ,in black lacquer frame. Jean Dewasne (1921-1999). (b Lille, 21 May 1921). French painter, writer and sculptor. He began...
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Contemporary Art
Glass, Paper, Wood
Zodiac Taurus by Erté Limited Edition Serigraph Print Art Deco Astrology
Located in Dayton, OH
Pencil signed and numbered 26/350 Erte print titled Taurus, portraying a bull’s head silhouette strewn with stars, two Greek figures embracing behind a blue and green stained glass m...
Mid-20th Century Art Deco Prints
Romain De Tirtoff Signed Erte "Letter L" Framed Scarf
Located in Norwood, NJ
Erte "Letter L" lithograph on silk, framed under glass in black lacquer frame with gilt interior trim. Signed "Erte" bottom right. 37.5" x 38" framed dimensions.
Vintage 1980s French Art Deco Decorative Art
Bernard Buffet New York Skyline Limited Edition Drypoint Print
By Bernard Buffet
Located in Arles, FR
Limited Edition, etching and drypoint printed on Arches wove paper, executed in 1958 by French listed artist Bernard Buffet (1928 - 1999). This piece was specially made for a lab in ...
20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Decorative Art
US$385 Sale Price
Gerhard Richter Original Limited Edition P9 Bagdad Print, 2014
Located in Bristol, GB
• Gerhard Richter's P9 Bagdad is a 50 x 40 cm Diasec-mounted chromogenic print on aluminium from 2014 • Numbered from the edition of 500 • Published by Heni Productions, London...
2010s Contemporary Art
Geometry A01, Mikal Harrsen, Limited Edition of 5 Pieces
Located in Milan, IT
Mikal Harrsen Geometry A01, Limited Oversize Edition of 5 Pieces. The Geometry designs disregard the prescribed role of paper as a medium for writing, drawing and painting. Instea...
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Contemporary Art
US$13,077 / item
Contemporary Composition with Limited Edition Tiles by Brazilian Designer
By Mariana Lloyd
Located in Miami, FL
Unique composition with sixteen tiles from the collection "130 azulejos" by Mariana Lloyd. The collection comes from a collage of pictures of broken tiles. There are four models of t...
2010s Brazilian Post-Modern Contemporary Art
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery