Items Similar to Pair of Late 18th-Early 19th Century English Walnut Bachelor's Chests
1 of 10
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pair of Late 18th-Early 19th Century English Walnut Bachelor's Chests
This is a pair of George III Bachelor's chests / dressers made in England, circa 1800. The tops of each chest has a nicely molded edge. The tops of each chest, all the drawer fronts of each chest and both of the right and left sides of each chest are banded in walnut with a string inlay of satinwood and Kashmir walnut to the center of each surface. Kashmir walnut is the finest cut of burr walnut. The tops of each chest fold over and are supported by the 2 small drawers on the right and left sides of the upper drawers. This allowed the chest to be a multi function piece of furniture. Opened up it has a large surface that can be used as a writing surface or general work surface. The top when opened up is made of walnut. The solid brass handles are of the finest quality. The chest sits on a very traditional, well shaped set of bracket feet. The finish and overall physical condition are fabulous. This is an extremely difficult piece of furniture to find, and even more so as a pair. Each chest measures 36 in. wide x 18 1/4 in. deep x 30 1/2 in tall. When the top is opened it is 36 3/4 in. deep.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1800
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsA fabulous, very difficult item to find as a pair that is in wonderful finish and physical condition.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 30.5 in. x W 36.00 in. x D 18.25 in.H 77.47 cm x W 91.44 cm x D 46.36 cm
- Seller LocationSavannah, GA
- Seller Reference NumberAMQ 89
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU1021419176522
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
No Reviews Yet
Our team of world-class specialists approve every seller on 1stdibs.
1stdibs seller since 2014
Typical response time: 12 hours
Located in Savannah, GA
More From This Seller
18th Century Oyster Walnut Bachelors Chest
Antique 1770s English George III
18th Century English Walnut Chest on Chest
Antique 1770s English George III
18th Century English Oyster Walnut Chest of Drawers
Antique Early 1800s English George III
You May Also Like
18th Century English Chippendale Cuban Mahogany Bachelor's Chest
Antique Late 18th Century English Georgian
Antique George III Mahogany Bachelor’s Chest of Drawers 19th Century, circa 1830
Antique 1830s British George III
Antique Chippendale English Bachelor's Chest
Antique 18th Century English
Pair of Mid-Century Modern American Walnut Bachelor's Chests, circa Early 1960s
Vintage 1960s North American Mid-Century Modern
Caddy Top Bachelor's Chest of Drawers
Antique 19th Century English Georgian
Pair of Vintage Modern Mahogany Bachelor's Chests
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern
18th century English Walnut Chest with Inlay
Antique 18th Century English George I