Items Similar to Early 19th Century Empire Ebonized and Gilt Sofa in the Manner of Thomas Hope View More
Early 19th Century Empire Ebonized and Gilt Sofa in the Manner of Thomas Hope
Empire ebonized and gilt sofa in the Manner of Thomas Hope. With a molded and shaped back, button-studded seat, and scrolled side. The lotus-fluted tapering legs end in brass casters. Ornamented with flowerhead, bell husk, and classical motifs throughout.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1810
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 35 in. x W 85 in. x D 28 in.H 88.9 cm x W 215.9 cm x D 71.12 cm
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Seller Reference Number3122
- Reference NumberLU785712387333
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2004
Located in New York, NY
The Art and Antique Dealers League of America
Antiques Associations Members
More From This Seller
19th Century Hepplewhite Sofa
Antique 19th Century Hepplewhite Sofas
Hepplewhite sofa. On six tapered legs with spade feet, connected by stretchers and with original casters.
19th Century Satinwood Box Sofa on Six Tapering...
Antique Mid-19th Century Sofas
19th century satinwood box sofa. On six tapering legs.
Pair of Early 19th Century French Empire Neocla...
Antique 1810s French Empire Table Lamps
Pair of Early 19th Century French Empire Neoclassical Bronze Urns, Wired as Lamps. Featuring ornate swag garlands and rams heads, with a frieze of dancing putti.
Early 19th Century English Georgian Gilt Rococo...
Antique 1810s English George III Wall Mirrors
This exquisite George III gilt and painted rococo mirror is ornamented throughout with finely carved C-scrolls, acanthus leaves, and flowers.