Items Similar to 19th Century French Carved Walnut and Cane Swivel Desk Armchair with Leather
1 of 12
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
19th Century French Carved Walnut and Cane Swivel Desk Armchair with Leather
Decorate a study or office with this elegant antique fruitwood desk armchair. Crafted in Provence, France, circa 1870, the desk chair stands on four tapered and fluted legs decorated with floral rosettes at the shoulders, over a carved apron with geometric motifs. The comfortable, classically round seat with swivel motion is covered with a removable leather galette over the traditional handwoven cane underneath. The arched and curved back decorated with the traditional Louis XVI ribbon bow and music instrument, is dressed with a double cane upholstery and the side armrests are further embellished with acanthus leaf decor. The timeless armchair is in excellent condition with a rich walnut patina throughout, and impeccable caning condition. Measures: 21" W x 21" D x 34.5" H.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1870
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 34.75 in. x W 21 in. x D 21 in.H 88.27 cm x W 53.34 cm x D 53.34 cm
- Seat Height19 in. (48.26 cm)
- Seller LocationDallas, TX
- Seller Reference Number192-192
- Reference NumberLU951219151132
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
Our team of world-class specialists approve every seller on 1stdibs.
This distinction is for experienced sellers who continually surpass customer expectations.
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Dallas, TX
More From This Seller
19th Century Italian Renaissance Carved Walnut Desk Armchair with Leather Seat
Antique Mid-19th Century Italian Renaissance
19th Century French Louis XV Carved Painted Desk Armchair with Green Leather
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XV
Early 20th Century French Louis XV Carved Walnut Desk Armchair with Cane Back
Early 20th Century French Louis XV
18th Century Spanish Carved Walnut Desk Armchair with Embossed Leather
Antique Mid-18th Century French Gothic
Brass, Leather, Walnut
You May Also Like
19th Century French Burled Walnut Partners Desk with Armchair
Antique Mid-19th Century French Queen Anne
Brass, Burl, Crocodile, Leather, Oak, Walnut
Late 19th Century Finely Carved Eagle Head Walnut and Leather Desk Armchair
Antique Late 19th Century English Georgian
Walnut and Leather Armchair Desk Chair after Giles Grendey, Late 19th Century
Antique Late 19th Century European Georgian
Antique French Carved Walnut Caned Desk Chair
Antique 1890s French
19th Century French Walnut Louis XIV Armchair
Antique 1890s French Louis XIV
19th Century Pair of French Walnut and Upholstered Armchairs
Antique 1870s French
Pair of 19th Century Grand Renaissance Hand Carved Oak and Caned Armchairs
Antique 1890s French Renaissance Revival