- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Oversized Chair Designed by Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia, Made in Italy, 1987
- DimensionsHeight: 32 in. (81.28 cm)Width: 34 in. (86.36 cm)Depth: 37 in. (93.98 cm)
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1987
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- Seller LocationJersey City, NJ
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU80732024792
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Jersey City, NJ
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About B&B Italia (Manufacturer)
In 1966, Piero Ambrogio Busnelli cofounded C&B Italia, a modern Italian furniture manufacturer, with Cesare Cassina in northern Milan. From the outset, Busnelli and Cassina set about recruiting the most talented modernists in Italy to conceive of creative furnishings manufactured in modern ways. In the early 1970s, the company split, with Cassina founding his own eponymous firm and Busnelli taking leadership of what became B&B Italia.
For decades, Busnelli cultivated relationships with the world’s best design talent, resulting in furniture pieces that remain iconic today — be they Gaetano Pesce’s outwardly curvaceous Up seating (made for C&B, reintroduced by B&B) or tables from industrial designer Paolo Piva, each more sophisticated than the next in their geometrically complex steel-tube bases. B&B Italia earned four prestigious Compasso d’Oro design awards: in 1979 for Mario Bellini’s Le Bambole, in 1984 for the Sisamo wardrobe system by Studio Kairos, in 1987 for Antonio Citterio’s modular Sity sofa and, in 1989, the first award given to a manufacturing company itself.
Other notable names who designed for B&B Italia over the course of its 54-year history include Patricia Urquiola, Naoto Fukasawa, Zaha Hadid, Ettore Sottsass and Vincent Van Duysen, to name a very few. And while these names bring star power to the B&B brand, in many cases, it was B&B Italia who helped usher in their celebrity, fostering a wave of design talent on the world stage.
The company’s forward-thinking vision manifested in its own headquarters, too: In 1972, B&B Italia tapped architects Renzo Piano and Richard Rogers to design a steel-framed, postmodern-style home for the brand, whose crisscrossing metal exoskeleton is reminiscent of the pair’s Centre Pompidou in Paris, which was built at roughly the same time. Now, B&B Italia manages a contract division and outdoor section as well as its residential arm, and it also controls production for Maxalto, a brand spun out with furniture designs by Antonio Citterio.
At 1stDibs, find a sizable inventory of B&B Italia's furniture — including sofas, cocktail tables and more.
- By Jens RisomLocated in Jersey City, NJPair of chairs by Jens Risom have angular walnut frames with floating tapered seat and back covered in original ...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
- By Selig, Ib Kofod-LarsenLocated in Jersey City, NJLounge chair by Ib Kofod-Larson has original straps and cushions. The finish also original has no dings scratche...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Lounge Chairs
- By Eugenio Gerli, TecnoLocated in Jersey City, NJSix "PS142" chairs in great condition with original geometric and dimensional fabric upholstery of very good qua...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- By Gio PontiLocated in Jersey City, NJFour dining chairs with a patinated brass frame an open back and stretcher around each tapered arched leg. The s...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
Metal$4,000 Sale Price / set50% Off
- By Lennart Bender, Charlton CompanyLocated in Jersey City, NJVery sturdy and comfortable Italian lounge chair with a polished chrome-plated steel frame with an upholstered s...Category
Late 20th Century Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
- Located in Jersey City, NJDesk with matching chair designed by Rena Dumas in 1971. The desk is white and smoked acrylic with chrome hardw...Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Chairs
Early 2000s Italian Modern Lounge Chairs
Linen, Upholstery, Oak
Early 2000s Italian Sofas
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Office Chairs and Desk Chairs
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Swivel Chairs
2010s Italian Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
Early 2000s Italian Modern Chairs
Early 2000s Italian Modern Lounge Chairs
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery