This Pair of "Bambi" Armchairs by Rolf Rastad & Adolf Relling, Norway, circa 1950s is no longer available.
View Similar Items View More
Pair of "Bambi" Armchairs by Rolf Rastad & Adolf Relling, Norway, circa 1950s
An exceptional pair of "Bambi” armchairs in teak designed by Rolf Rastad and Adolf Relling in Norway in the 1950s, they are some of the most beautifully conceived chairs with a dramatic curving form and finely executed sculpting in the arms. The heavy stitched saddle leather seating is unusually comfortable and supportive, a thin piece of foam floating between the perpendicular lengths of leather in the seat bottom. Noteworthy is the perfect transition between the arm and leg posts and the hoopback. They remain in very fine original condition with early patinated surfaces and the original leather. Measurements: 22 1/2” W x 20” D x 29 3/8” H, 17 1/4” H to seat Condition report: Handhold tips on proper left of both chairs with chip/loss. Gorgeous and likely original patinated teak surface with light age appropriate wear. Original black leather with wear as expected, one more worn than the other.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1950s
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsHandhold tips on proper left of both chairs with chip/loss. Gorgeous and likely original patinated teak surface with light age appropriate wear. Original black leather with wear as expected, one more worn than the other.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 29.38 in. x W 22.5 in. x D 20 in.H 74.63 cm x W 57.15 cm x D 50.8 cm
- Seller LocationShippensburg, PA
- Seller Reference Number802BEH24Z | Silla, ltd.
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU1059010221621
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Shippensburg, PA
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
Rare Mid-Century Modern Sculpted Pair of "Bambi" Armchairs by Rastad & Relling
By Adolf Relling and Rolf Rastad
$5,995 / set
Rare Mid-Century Modern Sculpted Pair of "Bambi...
Adolf Relling and Rolf Rastad
Vintage 1950s Norwegian Scandinavian Modern Armchairs
An exceptional pair of "Bambi” armchairs in teak designed by Rolf Rastad and Adolf Relling in Norway in the 1950s, they are some of the most beautifully conceived chairs with a drama...
Midcentury Danish Modern Hoop Back Armchair by Henning Kjaernulf, circa 1950s
By Henning Kjaernulf
Midcentury Danish Modern Hoop Back Armchair by ...
Henning Kjaernulf, Bruno Hansen
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Chairs
Danish rosewood hoop back armchair by Kjaernulf for Hansen Model 255; Bruno Hansen stamp to underside, Denmark, circa 1950s. A very finely made chair designed by Henning Kjaernul...
Vintage Pair of Louis XVI Style Gray Painted Fa...
20th Century Louis XVI Armchairs
A most attractive pair of chairs in the Louis XVI taste, both have their own sense of originality of interpretation of this classical form, particularly in the legs which have a dist...
Art Deco Style Pair of Maroon Micro-Suede and B...
Late 20th Century American Art Deco Armchairs
These very attractive contemporary armchairs are beautifully ebonized over what appears to be a maple hardwood, the edges curving outward to create sharp horizontal lines throughout ...