1960'S Pair of Milo Baughman Style Upholstered Chrome Armchairs By Patrician
- CreatorPatrician Furniture Co (Maker)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1960s
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsPristine
- DimensionsH 28.5 in. x W 22 in. x D 24 in.H 72.39 cm x W 55.88 cm x D 60.96 cm
- Seat Height17.5 in. (44.45 cm)
- Seller LocationWest Palm Beach, FL
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU1829314182342
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About Milo Baughman (Designer)
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, having a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. Baughman was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on chair and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
Like his colleagues Karl Springer and the multifarious Pierre Cardin, Baughman’s designs are emblematic of the 1970s: sleek, sure and scintillating. As you will see from the furniture presented on these pages, Milo Baughman’s designs are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.