- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Keith Haring The Village Voice, 1982
- CreatorKeith Haring (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 16 in. (40.64 cm)Width: 12 in. (30.48 cm)Depth: 0.2 in. (5.08 mm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Date of Manufacture1982
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2462321332272
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Keith Haring (Artist)
Keith Haring (1958–90) began experimenting with his bold, graphic lines and cartoon-inspired figures on the walls of New York City subway stations in the early 1980s. He called them his “laboratory,” places to develop a radical new aesthetic based on an ideology of creating truly democratic public art.
Haring’s paintings, prints and murals address the universal themes of death, love and sex, as well as contemporary issues he experienced personally, like the crack-cocaine and AIDS epidemics. They derive much of their impact from the powerful contrast between these serious subjects and the joyful, vibrant pictographic language he uses to express them, full of dancing figures, babies, barking dogs, hearts and rhythmic lines, as well as references to pop culture.
To make his art even more accessible, in 1986, Haring opened the Pop Shop in Soho. In a foreshadowing of today’s intermingling of art and fashion, the shop sold merchandise and novelty items featuring imagery by Haring and contemporaries like Kenny Scharf and Basquiat. While his works sometimes included text, for the most part, he chose to communicate through drawing.
“Drawing is still basically the same as it has been since prehistoric times,” Haring once declared. “It lives through magic.”
Find Keith Haring art on 1stDibs today.
- By Keith HaringLocated in New York, NYKeith Haring for New York CityKids, 1986. Rare vintage 1986 sticker illustrated by Keith Haring for the CityKid...Category
Vintage 1980s PostersMaterials
- By after Jean-Michel BasquiatLocated in New York, NYBasquiat Haring & Kenny Scharf at Lio Malca: Rare sought after 1990s hardcover catalogue featuring works by Jea...Category
Vintage 1980s BooksMaterials
- By Keith HaringLocated in New York, NYVintage Keith Haring announcement card for the exhibition: "Recent Work" held at Tony Shafrazi Gallery, New Yor...Category
Vintage 1980s Decorative ArtMaterials
You May Also Like
1990s American Post-Modern Books
Late 20th Century American Modern Books
Antique 19th Century English Taxidermy
Natural Fiber, Glass, Pine
Vintage 1980s Japanese Modern Posters
Early 20th Century Signs
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Books
Vintage 1970s Historical Memorabilia
20th Century American Animal Sculptures
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery