- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Fashion A History From the 18th to the 20th Century, Kyoto Costume Institute
- CreatorTASCHEN (Retailer)
- DimensionsHeight: 11 in. (27.94 cm)Width: 8.25 in. (20.96 cm)Depth: 2 in. (5.08 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture2006
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Pristine interior with a little wear visible at the edges of the dust jacket.
- Seller LocationLos Angeles, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: AHK1353O1stDibs: LU1892321228482
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About TASCHEN (Retailer)
From his humble beginning selling comic books in his native Cologne to his rapidly expanding book publishing empire, Benedikt Taschen has been all about living large — literally. Sumo, a 464-page, 66-pound compendium of Helmut Newton’s photography is one of the largest and heaviest books ever produced — it comes with its own display stand — and among the most expensive, too. The first copy in a limited edition published in 1999 and signed by many of the celebrities whose images appear in its pages sold at auction for $364,000.
TASCHEN’s success derives from his personality: he publishes books that reflect his own diverse personal enthusiasms. TASCHEN’s lavishly produced art books run the gamut from the ridiculous (The Big Book of Breasts) to the sublime (17th-century naturalist Albertus Seba’s Cabinet of Natural Curiosities).
The TASCHEN catalog includes scholarly examinations of cultural icons such as Muhammad Ali, gorgeous monographs on painters like Hieronymous Bosch, exquisite books of photography like Sebastião Selgado’s Genesis and portfolios of muscle cars. In addition to his 11 bookstores located in the United States and Europe, TASCHEN recently opened an art gallery in Los Angeles devoted to photography.
As you can see from the titles available on these pages, you are more than likely to have an interest in common with Benedikt Taschen — and his marvelous books give you a way to explore it fully.
- Located in Los Angeles, CAPanza: The Legacy of a Collector. The Panza di Biumo Collection at the Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles. ...Category
1990s American BooksMaterials
- Located in Los Angeles, CAThe White House: Its Historic Furnishings and First Families by Betty C. Monkman. Abbeville Press: (November 1, ...Category
Early 2000s American BooksMaterials
- Located in Los Angeles, CABy Suzanne Ramljak with an introduction by Darrel Sewell. Rutgers University Press (2002). Hardcover: 192 pages ...Category
Early 2000s American BooksMaterials
- By Alf Wallander, RörstrandLocated in Los Angeles, CAAn early 20th century art pottery low bowl from the Art Nouveau period designed by Alf Wallander for the Rörstra...Category
Early 20th Century Swedish Art Nouveau Decorative BowlsMaterials
- By Royal DoultonLocated in Los Angeles, CAAn early 20th century art pottery vase from Royal Doulton of England, date marked for the period between 1901-19...Category
Early 20th Century English Art Nouveau VasesMaterials
Ceramic, Pottery, Stoneware$395 Sale Price20% Off
- By Benno M. FormanLocated in Los Angeles, CAAmerican Seating Furniture, 1630-1730: An Interpretive Catalogue by furniture historian, Benno M. Forman. First ...Category
Vintage 1980s American BooksMaterials
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century American American Classical Books
21st Century and Contemporary Books
Antique Late 18th Century Italian Neoclassical Religious Items
20th Century Swiss Books
Late 20th Century American Collectible Jewelry
20th Century Swedish Jars
Antique Early 1700s French Antiquities
Antique 18th Century European Paintings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery