Large Flavio Poli Table Lamps for Seguso Murano Glass, Italy, Mid-Century ModernItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Large Flavio Poli Table Lamps for Seguso Murano Glass, Italy, Mid-Century Modern
- DimensionsHeight: 30 in. (76.2 cm)Width: 7 in. (17.78 cm)Depth: 6.50 in. (16.51 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1950-1959
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. No chips, just normal scratches.
- Seller LocationOpa Locka, FL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1888312367633
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Florida, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Seguso Vetri d'Arte (Manufacturer)
Members of the Seguso family have been leading figures in the manufacture of glass on the Venetian island of Murano since the late 1300s, but for most collectors of vintage design the name evokes two companies formed in the first half of the 20th century. Seguso Vetri d’Arte, born from a small consortium of master glass artisans that included Archimede Seguso (1909–99), thrived under the artistic directorship of Flavio Poli (1900–84), a designer with an eye for modern forms, color and pattern. Vetreria Archimede Seguso, meanwhile, was founded in 1946, when Seguso opened his own atelier in order to employ classical techniques in the making of modern glassware.
The owners of Seguso Vetri d’Arte were justly proud of their skills as craftsmen, but they were not worldly aesthetes — and they knew it. Poli had studied at the Art Institute of Venice, originally working in ceramics before switching mediums and taking up the art of glass. He introduced new simple forms to the genre — the best known of his designs being the Valva, which resembles a clamshell in profile — and employed several novel techniques such as corroso, which gives glass a rough, emery-board-like finish. Poli’s most collectible works are his sommerso pieces, made with a layering process in which clear and colored-glass vessels are “submerged” within one another, producing a kind of nesting-doll effect in striking, elegant vases with bands of separate and overlapped hues.
At his eponymous workshop, Archimede Seguso often favored highly decorative, age-old techniques employed with modern restraint. His layered-glass Losanghe vessels have the look of an abstract checkerboard while his free-form Merletto vases have delicate, lacy patterns created by painstakingly twisting two heated glass straws to create helixes around the walls of the piece.
Though different in their scope and mission, both of these furnaces bearing the Seguso name created some of the most beautiful, alluring and exquisitely crafted works in all of modern design.
- By LaurelLocated in Opa Locka, FLStunning pair of table lamps, height is 26.50” from bottom to top of socket. Seller will have the lamps rewired...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
MetalH 26.50 in. W 7 in. D 6.50 in.$2,800 / set
- By Angelo LeliiLocated in Opa Locka, FLChandelier has 12 arms which hold 12 amber glass shades. Chandelier comes a black chain and canopy. Chandelier h...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and PendantsMaterials
AluminumH 35.25 in. Dm 44.25 in.$4,800
- By Gordon & Jane MartzLocated in Opa Locka, FLStunning large original midcentury ceramic lamps, olive green color with different shades of orange and yellow. ...Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
Ceramic, FabricH 32 in. Dm 18 in.$3,100 / set
You May Also Like
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Murano Glass, Wood
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table Lamps
Vintage 1950s Italian Table Lamps
Vintage 1950s Italian Modern Table Lamps
Antique 1660s Italian Modern Table Lamps
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
Vintage 1960s Italian Table Lamps
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery