Vintage Arthur Court Large Cast Aluminum Clam Shell Center Bowl DishItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Arthur Court Large Cast Aluminum Clam Shell Center Bowl Dish
- CreatorArthur Court (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 8 in. (20.32 cm)Width: 18.5 in. (46.99 cm)Depth: 12 in. (30.48 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureMid-Late 20th Century
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationPhiladelphia, PA
- Reference NumberSeller: 1845731505231stDibs: LU934121736502
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$175 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Philadelphia, PA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Arthur Court (Manufacturer)
The work of Arthur Court is a constant delight to his fans. The San Francisco based designer created a wide range of sophisticated yet cheerful furnishings and bijoux based on natural forms that included flowers, cacti, antlers and animals.
Court’s designs drew on his rich and diverse experiences. He grew up in Minnesota, and his childhood rambles in the woods made him a lifelong naturalist. Navy service in the Pacific during World War II exposed Court to Asian cultures, and later in life Court was fond of taking African safaris. Upon his return from the war, Court moved to San Francisco and opened an interior design business — attracting such high-profile Hollywood clients as Shirley Temple Black and the Andrews Sisters. In 1966, he opened a store that offered smaller furniture pieces, tabletop wares and decorative sculptures. These included glass-topped tables with bases shaped like lilies or palm trees; whimsical monkey candlesticks and ice buckets in the form of rabbits and whales; or cast-aluminum tortoise shell-shaped lamps.
As you will see from the offerings on these pages, Arthur Court appealed to anyone with a sense of joie de vivre. Take a look: it’s serious fun!
- Located in Philadelphia, PAAntique French carved alabaster large table centerpiece fruit bowl. Item features large impressive carved alabas...Category
20th Century French Neoclassical Serving BowlsMaterials
- By Arthur CourtLocated in Philadelphia, PAPair of vintage Arthur court gold lily flower glass top side tables. Item features cast metal base, 0.75" thick ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Art Nouveau Side TablesMaterials
- By Arthur CourtLocated in Philadelphia, PAVintage Arthur Court Hollywood Regency glass top gold lily leaf flower side table. Item features a gold finish, ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Side TablesMaterials
- By William AdamsLocated in Philadelphia, PAWilliam Adams England antique silver plate clam shell form footed 9" candy dish. Item features 3 paw feet, remar...Category
Early 20th Century English Regency Sheffield and SilverplateMaterials
- Located in Philadelphia, PAVery unique pair of wonderfully cast metal, shell form, single bed headboards in the French Rococo / Hollywood R...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Rococo Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
- By Arthur CourtLocated in Philadelphia, PARare vintage Hollywood Regency gold gilt metal lotus or lily round coffee table attributed to Arthur Court. Item...Category
Vintage 1960s American Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
20th Century American Hollywood Regency More Dining and Entertaining
Vintage 1980s North American Centerpieces
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Pitchers
Vintage 1950s French Serving Bowls
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Serving Bowls
20th Century American Serving Tables
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Platters and Serveware
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Serving Pieces