Items Similar to Early 19th Century Italian Bronze Lion
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 9
Early 19th Century Italian Bronze Lion
A early 19th century patinated bronze sculpture of the Medici lion; The Medici lion is based on an original statue which dates to the Second Century, AD, and after restoration by Flaminio Vacca was displayed with a copy at the Villa Medici, Rome. After 1798 the lions were displayed at the Loggia dei Lanzi, Florence and copies became popular souvenirs for travellers on the Grand Tour.
- DimensionsHeight: 8.27 in. (21 cm)Width: 13 in. (33 cm)Depth: 4.34 in. (11 cm)
- StyleGrand Tour (Of the Period)
- Materials and TechniquesPatinatedBronze
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1830
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBrighton, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: Batch 49 57547 ANYZ1stDibs: LU1227222460082
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto Continental US, arrives in 8-10 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Brighton, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Brighton, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1985
1stDibs seller since 2015
268 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
LAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
More From This Seller
- Located in Brighton, SussexA good quality pair of early 19th century bronze cherubs, each holding an arrow and carrying a gilded sheath, ra...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Italian Grand Tour Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Bronze, Ormolu$7,811 / set
You May Also Like
Early 19th Century Italian Carved Lion Figure
Located in London, GB
Early 19th century carved lion figure An early 19th century hand carved Italian or Spanish representation of a seated lion figure. Anthropomorphism features which are typical of thi...
Antique 1820s Italian Folk Art Sculptures and Carvings
Gesso, Pine, Paint
Monumental Pair of 19th Century Lifesize Bronze Lions
Located in London, GB
An incredibly rare pair of lifesize bronze Lions. English, circa 1860. These lions were recently obtained from an English Country Estate where they had resided exposed to the e...
Antique Mid-19th Century English Grand Tour Animal Sculptures
$124,280 / set
Italian Bronze Model Sleeping Lion 19th Century after Antonio Canova Grand Tour
Located in Eversholt, Bedfordshire
- Beautifully modelled and cast - Atmospheric reference to the iconic original lions - Grand Tour collectible An Italian bronze model of a sleeping lion, early-19th century. Mod...
Antique 1820s Italian Grand Tour Animal Sculptures
Atlas Bronze Statue, Early 19th Century, Italy
Located in Roma, IT
Bronze statue with a sky-blue marble vault, on a white marble base. Italy, early 19th century. Dimensions: 32 x 10 x 10 cm. Situated and shipped from Italy. This object is shipp...
Antique Early 19th Century Italian Figurative Sculptures
$2,462 Sale Price
19th Century Italian Grand Tour Roman Bronze Oil Lamp with Dolphins and Lions
Located in Stamford, CT
Beautifully cast and very compelling Grand Tour bronze oil lamp in the ancient Roman style with dolphin or porpoise handles. Decorated with lions protruding from either side, the lam...
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Grand Tour Animal Sculptures
Pair of Cast Bronze Lions, Italy, Late 19th Century
By Antonio Canova
Located in Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
Pair of cast bronze lions, France, late 19th century.
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Neoclassical Animal Sculptures
$40,000 / set
19th Century Grand Tour Lion Attacking a Horse Miniature Bronze Sculpture
Located in Philadelphia, PA
A fine 19th century Grand Tour miniature model of the Lion Attacking a Horse sculpture. Modeled after the ancient Roman version found on Capitoline Hill. Sized as a paperweight...
Antique 19th Century Italian Grand Tour Animal Sculptures
Slate, Marble, Bronze
19th Century, French Tabletop Bronze Lions
Located in Newport Beach, CA
Fabulous pair of detailed, hand-cast, recumbent, left and right bronze lions with lush, flowing manes.
Antique 19th Century French Sculptures
$9,800 / set