Items Similar to French 19th-20th Century Régence Style Gilt-Bronze Mounted Longcase Clock View More
French 19th-20th Century Régence Style Gilt-Bronze Mounted Longcase Clock
A fine French 19th-20th century Régence style gilt bronze mounted tulipwood parquetry regulator longcase clock, after the 18th century model by Julien Le Roy (French, 1686-1759) and Charles Cressent (French, 1685-1768). The asymmetrical cartouche-form bonnet surmounted by a gilt bronze allegorical figure of Father Time holding a scythe, the gilt bronze dial with enameled Roman numerals, the parquetry inlaid case displaying Zephyr masks, the heart-shaped pendulum reveal upon a bronze-mounted and parquetry paneled pedestal, the paw feet resting on a serpentine plinth, Paris, circa 1900. Measures: Height 101 1/4 inches (257.2 cm) Width 32 1/8 inches (81.6 cm) Depth 18 3/4 inches (47.6 cm).
- In the Style OfRégence
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1900
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsA stunning grandfather clock. Overall condition is very good. Some minor veneer restorations and age wear. The clock in working condition but accuracy of works or functions are not guaranteed. Sold As Is. View all image for an accurate condition view
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 101.25 in. x W 32.13 in. x D 18.75 in.H 257.18 cm x W 81.62 cm x D 47.63 cm
- Seller LocationLos Angeles, CA
- Seller Reference NumberRef.: A1809
- Reference NumberLU1796212944411
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Los Angeles, CA
More From This Seller
French 19th Century Regence Style Ormolu & King...
Antique 19th Century French Regency Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
Bronze, Kingwood, Tulipwood
Louis XV Style 19th-20th Century Figural Gilt B...
Alfred Emmanuel Louis Beurdeley
Antique 1890s French Louis XV Mantel Clocks
$139,500 Sale Price
Monumental 19th Century Ormolu Mounted Onyx & M...
Antique Early 1900s French Neoclassical Revival Grandfather Clocks and L...
Onyx, Glass, Marble, Wood, Bronze
$8,950 Sale Price
French 19th Century Louis XV Style Gilt-Bronze ...
Antique 19th Century French Louis XV More Clocks
Bronze, Leather, Tulipwood
You May Also Like
19th Century French Empire Style Bronze Mounted...
Antique 19th Century French Empire Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
Bronze, Glass, Marble, Wood
19th Century French Gilt Bronze Clock
Antique 19th Century French Mantel Clocks
Late 19th Century Empire-Style Longcase Clock
Antique 1880s French Empire Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
Ormolu, Mahogany, Bronze
$1,350 Sale Price
19th Century Rococo Style Miniature Longcase Clock
Antique 1870s British Rococo Table Clocks and Desk Clocks
French 19th Century Cherry Longcase Clock, Loui...
Antique 19th Century French Clocks
19th Century Swedish Longcase Clock
Antique 19th Century Swedish Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks
19th Century Tall French Painted Longcase Clock
Antique 19th Century French Grandfather Clocks and Longcase Clocks