1995 Chanel Black Quilted Lambskin Vintage Classic Timeless BackpackItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1995 Chanel Black Quilted Lambskin Vintage Classic Timeless Backpack
- DimensionsHeight: 9.45 in. (24 cm)Width: 9.45 in. (24 cm)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Condition-The interior is in very good condition with light signs of wear. -The hardware is in excellent condition with minimal signs of use. -The corners are in very good condition with light signs of use.
- Seller LocationBishop's Stortford, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: HB29461stDibs: LU17027093191
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Express Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-4 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About Chanel (Manufacturer)
The first Chanel shop was opened in 1910 in Paris on rue Cambon by the young milliner Gabrielle Chanel (1883–1971), who had picked up the nickname “Coco” while working as a club singer. The boutique drew the attention of the Parisian fashion elite who popularized her wide-brimmed Chanel Modes hats. Soon she added a sportswear store in the Normandy resort town of Deauville, where Coco set the tone for her defining sense of style — traditionally masculine garments reimagined for feminine shapes, made from simple jersey fabric.
Effortless and elegant, her designs promoted comfort and grace in women’s wear that had been dominated in the previous century by complicated layers of fabric and cumbersome corsets. She followed this success with a couture house, opened in 1915 in Biarritz. Over the next six decades, Coco Chanel would become a pivotal designer of both fashionable casual wear and Paris haute couture as well as an icon and arbiter of 20th-century style with her bob haircut and pearls.
However, Chanel was not born into a life of glamour. Following the death of her mother, her father left her in an orphanage where she lived until the age of 18. It was there that she learned to sew as well as appreciate the classic pairing of black and white as worn by the nuns. In 1926, she introduced her first little black dress, reclaiming a color that had once been reserved for mourning and working-class women. That same decade, she debuted her perfume, Chanel No. 5, as well as the Chanel suit with a collarless jacket and fitted skirt, inspired by the boxy lines of men’s clothing and employing a sporty tweed.
Chanel closed her fashion operations during World War II, then returned to the industry in 1954 to design for the functional needs of modern women. Structure and wearability endured in all of Chanel’s clothing and accessories, like the quilted leather 2.55 handbag introduced in 1955 with its gold-chain shoulder strap that freed up a woman’s hands. The 1957 two-tone slingback pumps had a practical heel height while offering a bold statement in the black tip of the shoes.
After Coco Chanel died in 1971, the brand underwent several changes in leadership, including fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who took over as artistic director in 1983. Over the years, the company has continued to innovate, such as expanding into ready-to-wear fashion in 1978 and, in 2002, establishing a subsidiary company — Paraffection — dedicated to preserving the heritage skills of fashion artisan workshops. The House of Chanel still operates its flagship on rue Cambon in Paris, where it all began.
Browse vintage Chanel evening dresses, jackets and more at 1stDibs.
- By ChanelLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireCHANEL Black Quilted Jersey Fabric Vintage Jumbo XL Backpack Xupes Reference: HB3635 Serial Number: 3721822 Age...Category
1990s BackpacksH 8.47 in. W 11.82 in. D 3.55 in.$4,871
- By ChanelLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireCHANEL Beige Lambskin & Woven Wicker Vintage Timeless Logo Trim Classic Backpack Xupes Reference: HB3470 Serial...Category
1990s BackpacksH 10.24 in. W 11.03 in. D 3.94 in.$11,137
- By GucciLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireGUCCI Dark Blue GG Velvet Web Large Backpack Xupes Reference: HB3640 Serial Number: 574923 213317 Age (Circa): ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BackpacksH 19.3 in. W 13.39 in. D 5.91 in.$2,644
- By GucciLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireGUCCI Natural Animalier Python Leather & Web Backpack Xupes Reference: HB3086 Serial Number: 442892 213317 Age ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary BackpacksH 15.36 in. W 11.82 in. D 5.91 in.$2,783
- By ChanelLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireCHANEL Black Caviar Leather Vintage Boston 35 Xupes Reference: HB3327 Serial Number: 4761964 Age (Circa): 1997 ...Category
1990s Tote BagsH 8.27 in. W 13.78 in. D 6.7 in.$3,479
- By ChanelLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireCHANEL Black Quilted Vintage Lambskin Medium Tall Classic Double Flap Bag Xupes Reference: HB3528 Serial Number...Category
1990s Structured Shoulder BagsH 7.09 in. W 9.85 in. D 2.76 in.$4,593
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Backpacks
1990s Shoulder Bags
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery