Items Similar to Amazing C.1900 Victorian Velvet Mantle Coat With Soutache & Lappet Tails View More
Amazing C.1900 Victorian Velvet Mantle Coat With Soutache & Lappet Tails
This is a wearable Victorian era mantle coat which creates an amazing style when paired with modern clothing. The weighty velvet fabric feels like a flat fur and is decorated with soutache at the front and back. The sleeves are fitted at the top and bell towards the cuff with additional braiding and a decorated button. Hooks at the front keep the coat securely closed and front lappet tails add visual interest and practically dance when you walk. Quilted inside lining creates added warmth and there is a secret pocket trimmed with bows to keep a love letter close to your heart. Though the coat is not perfect, it is in amazing condition for its age. Some areas on the velvet show wear and the soutache is fading here and there. The lining is intact but there is fraying in high stress areas which cannot be seen on the outside and does not affect wearability. A true beauty with the characteristics of a fine past. Please note that Victorian era clothing is extra small and confining through the upper arms and shoulders. Not only have we grown in size over the decades but we lead very different lifestyles. The lady who would have owned this coat would have rarely raised her arms or done any lifting...as a consequence this garment is tight and restrictive across the shoulders. Fashion history is always fascinating! This coat fits like a modern size 2 and possibly might fit a size 4 with attention to the following measurements taken on the outside. Bust 33" Waist 29.5" Hips 37" Sleeve Length From Underarm to Cuff 16" Shoulder Length at Back From Sleeve Seam to Seam 14" Length at Back From Shoulder to Hem 21.25" Length at Front From Shoulder to End of Lappet Tail Point 43" Length From Shoulder to Waist 14"
- In the Style OfVictorian
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Material NotesRefined flat velvet decorated with soutache and lappet tails creates a wearable mantle coat worthy of a manor lady.
- Condition DetailsExcellent for its age though some signs of wear to velvet, fading to soutache and tails, fraying to lining at high stress areas...please see description
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Marked SizeUnmarked (Size 2-4) (US)
- Bust33 in. (83.82 cm)
- Waist29.5 in. (74.93 cm)
- Hip37 in. (93.98 cm)
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Reference NumberLU48731866883
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$70Standardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 7-9 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Atlanta, GA
More From This Seller
Vintage Matsuya Japanese Kimono Style Cotton Pu...
Late 20th Century Jackets
$150 Sale Price
1960's Blue Velveteen Sailor Jacket With Red Trim
Unknown, 77 Originals New York
1960s Double-Breasted Jackets
C.1990 Escada Black Silk Satin Quilted Jacket W...
Escada, Margaretha Ley
1980s Smoking Jackets
You May Also Like
Blumarine Brown Suede Embellished Jacket Faux L...
Moschino Cheap and Chic 1993-1994 Plaid Wool Ja...
1970s Multitone Jacket embellished bottons
19th Century Jackets
$133 Sale Price
Vintage multicolour Wool Jacket
Soab Sun of a Beach Capri handcraft Wool Sleeve...
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets