- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
A French Pierre Cardin Couture Peplum Evening Dress in Silk Circa 1975/85
- DimensionsMarked Size: Equivalent French Size 36 (EU)
- Style1980 (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginFrance
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Very Good Condition and Color.
- Seller LocationToulon, FR
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU633310507072
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 6-14 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Toulon, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About Pierre Cardin (Designer)
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass. Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- By Pierre Cardin, Pierre Cardin CoutureLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1976/1978 France Beautiful evening dress Pierre Cardin Haute Couture in black silk jersey dating from th...Category
1970s Evening DressesSize: Equivalent French size 36$1,418
- By Pierre CardinLocated in Toulon, FRFall winter 1970/1971 France Maxi chasuble dress in Scottish tweed high seam of Pierre Cardin. Wide mesh wool ...Category
1970s CoatsSize: Equivalent french size 38$3,577
- By Christian LacroixLocated in Toulon, FRCirca 1991/2000 France Beautiful skin-tight dress by Christian Lacroix in printed velvet dating from the 1990s....Category
1990s Cocktail DressesSize: Equivalent French Size 36/38$1,085
- By Christian DiorLocated in Toulon, FRSpring Summer 1982 Collection France Haute Couture or cocktail little black dress in muslin and Caudry lace fro...Category
1980s Evening DressesSize: Equivalent French Size 36$1,726
- Located in Toulon, FRCirca 1935 France Rare long collector's evening dress, French Haute Couture by Nicole Groult, famous sister of ...Category
1930s Evening DressesSize: Equivalent French size 35$5,180
You May Also Like
1970s Evening Dresses
1970s Day Dresses
1970s Day Dresses
1980s Cocktail Dresses
1960s Casual Dresses
1960s Day Dresses
1990s Cocktail Dresses
1960s Cocktail Dresses
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery