Items Similar to Black Shoulder Bow Sabrina Dress with Looping Car Wash Skirt - XS, 1950s
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 11
Black Shoulder Bow Sabrina Dress with Looping Car Wash Skirt - XS, 1950s
Remember Audrey Hepburn's iconic black dinner dress in "Sabrina?" This charming piece is a near perfect facsimile from the same era with one important difference: instead of a single layer circle skirt, this one has two layers and the top one is made of four wide loops of taffeta. The effect is a billowing, rustling top skirt that can be plumped into a ball skirt, gathered into a bustle, or hung from the wrists. Demure, alluring and unforgettable, just like Audrey herself. Sleeveless ballerina-length party dress with scooping front and rear neckline, spaghetti straps and 4” taffeta cummerbund waist; decorative self bows at joinery of bodice and straps, and light gathering under bust at top of cummerbund. Crêpe underskirt covered by four 60” vertical panels of taffeta folded at hemline to create four massive car wash “loops.” Gathered waist seam; left side zipper closure. Unlined. fabric: poly crêpe, poly taffeta noteworthy: dry clean only alterations: replaced zipper condition: very good with a handful of pinprick holes in crêpe underskirt (invisible due to taffeta overskirt) and taffeta overskirt at bottom folds measurements: neckline opening: 10 ½” across neckline drop: 7” (front), 9 ½” (back) straps: ¼” wide x 8” long bust: 36” max underbust / ribcage: 28” waist: 25” bodice length: 16 ½” from shoulder, 8 ¼” from underarm hips: free skirt length: 28” (crêpe underskirt), 30” (taffeta overskirt) total length: 46 ½” from shoulder; 38 ¼” from underarm sweep: 92” (crêpe underskirt), free (taffeta overskirt) label: no label present size: no size tag present; comparable to modern size extra small
- DimensionsMarked Size: none; comparable to size XS (US)Bust: 36 in. (91.44 cm)Waist: 25 in. (63.5 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 46.5 in. (118.11 cm)
- StyleBallerina (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Material NotesFour five-foot wide car wash loops create unique overskirt.
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. A handful of pinprick holes in crêpe underskirt (invisible due to taffeta overskirt) and taffeta overskirt at bottom folds.
- Seller LocationTucson, AZ
- Reference NumberSeller: 0811.09.2171stDibs: LU86433665943
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Tucson, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Tucson, AZ
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2017
180 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Tucson, AZA pouty seductress, this cocktail dress was tailor-made for an illicit rendezvous in a smoky Paris café. Super h...Category
1950s Evening Dresses
- Located in Tucson, AZA dress that went around the world in 1924, this unusual frock features metal eyelets that gently chime when the...Category
1920s Cocktail Dresses
- Located in Tucson, AZWorn by a well-to-do young Parisian at her debutante ball, which included a pre-party on a Seine-docked yacht. ...Category
1950s Ball Gowns
- Located in Tucson, AZYour "go-to" formal event gown, guaranteed to bring Rita Hayworth-level glamour every time. This one has everyth...Category
1930s Ball Gowns
- Located in Tucson, AZWith multiple textures, hanging beadwork and a riot of ¼” stripes, this gown has a lot going on but manages to g...Category
1960s Evening Gowns
- Located in Tucson, AZWith so much to love about this dress, it's hard to know where to begin! Besides its hard-to-find larger size, w...Category
1950s Ballerina Dresses
You May Also Like
Jay Ahr Black Silk and Brown Sequin Cocktail Dress Size Small
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Jay Ahr Black Silk and Brown Sequin Cocktail Dress Size Small. High neck with low hanging back. Brown, flat metallic sequins layover black silk to create this truly unique look. D...
2010s Cocktail Dresses
US$906 Sale Price
Beautiful Marc Jacobs Runway Holiday Babydoll Metallic Bow Cocktail Dress
Located in Chicago, IL
Shine at any holiday party this metallic Marc Jacobs Runway dress! Features black metallic criss-cross stripes on black silk. Chic gold/bronze bow at waist. In great condition. Size ...
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail Dresses
1950s 50s Black Silk Taffeta + Lace Strapless " New Look " Vintage Dress
Located in Chicago, IL
Gorgeous 1950s strapless silk taffeta dress! Jet black color, with black lace accents at bust. Couture quality workmanship, with a built in underdress to help hold the dress up, and ...
1950s Cocktail Dresses
US$500 Sale Price
I Magnin Vintage Dress in Black Velvet W Sheer Net Beading & Rhinestones in 8/10
By I. Magnin
Located in Portland, OR
This fabulous black vintage silk or rayon velvet dress was purchased at I Magnin in the late 1960's or early 1970's. This great sleeveless cocktail dress has a wonderful peek a boo s...
1960s Cocktail Dresses
1950s Amazing Vintage Silk Chiffon Full Circle Cocktail Dress
Located in Sparks, NV
Stunning vintage cocktail dress with a full swinging delicate silk chiffon skirt and draped bustline. Gorgeous quality and construction with what seems like miles of silk fabric. ...
1950s Evening Dresses and Gowns
1950s Tur Zel Miami Beach black illusion & jewel bust silk cocktail dress
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
Fabulous black silk faille & silk illusion cocktail dress from Tur Zel Miami Beach Florida, from the 1950s...In the 1940s & 50s Miami Beach's Lincoln Rd. was the epicenter of Souther...
1950s Cocktail Dresses
HAUTE COUTURE 1950s Black Sequin Ball Gown Evening Theater Opera Party Dress
Located in Thiensville, WI
Amazing vintage ball gown custom made for 1950s opera singer Alberta Hopkins. Net overdress is heavily embellished with glossy and textured black sequins. Strapless bodice is boned a...
1950s Ball Gowns
Amazing Art Deco Chiffon Gown with Hydrangea Lace
Located in Riverdale, NY
Art Deco Chiffon Gown of Haute Couture quality with Hydrangea ecru Lace detailing. This gown has been styled backwards in photos to highlight the amazing detailing. The front of t...
1930s Evening Dresses and Gowns
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery