Items Similar to Ian and Marcel Four piece Set View More
Ian and Marcel Four piece Set
Circa 1985/1990 England Complete four piece set by Ian and Marcel, in silk crepe completely painted and handmade. Multicolored jacket with painted patterns of a bird's feather robe, a parrot. No stitching on the jacket, kimono sleeves with only two side seams. Painted tag on the bodice. Blouse in cream shading to rust. Wide trousers with integrated sliding belt. Perfect color and condition. Dimensions: Jacket: Shoulders, 41 cm, size 100 cm, sleeves 30 cm. Trousers: length 110 cm and height 90 cm. Back height 95 cm, front height 61 cm, top in size 36. Scarf 181 cm x 25 cm. Ian met Marcel in Canada in 1976. They created the label in London in the 1980s. Their inspiration is clearly medieval but also refers to the pleats of Mariano Fortuny to which Ian had unlimited admiration. Very innovative, their specialty was painting on silk with rubber, the pleats are an obvious reference to their master, Mariano Fortuny. The Victoria and Albert Museum devoted a cataloged exhibition to them in London in 1993 after their death from AIDS.
- DesignerIan and Marcel
- BrandIan and Marcel
- In the Style Of1985-1990
- Place of OriginUnited Kingdom
- Condition DetailsExcellent condition and color .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Marked SizeEquivalent french size 36/38 (EU)
- Seller LocationToulon, FR
- Reference NumberLU63333571671
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-3 weeks.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.See Details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Typical response time: 4 hours
Located in Toulon, FR
More From This Seller
Jeanne Lanvin Couture Dress, Circa 1985
Jeanne Lanvin, Jeanne Lanvin
A Regency French Changing taffetas Silk day Dre...
You May Also Like
1960s Malcolm Starr Deco Floral Maxi Dress in G...
1960s Paganne Purple Art Deco Print Knit Dress
1960s Pink Floral Silk Crepe and Sequin Maxi Dress
Rare 1960s Goldworm Italian Knit Dress with Mir...
1970s Lillie Rubin Pink Sheer Dress
1980s Patricia Lester Pink Champagne Silk Ensemble
Patricia Lester, Patricia Lester