Items Similar to New Vintage Missoni M405 Gold Sunglasses 1990's Made in Italy
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
New Vintage Missoni M405 Gold Sunglasses 1990's Made in Italy
New Vintage MISSONI gold with black accents frame. Spotless light brown lenses. New never worn or displayed. This item could show minor sign of wear due to nearly 30 years of storage. Made in Italy. FRONT 14 CMS LENS HEIGHT 4.7 CMS LENS WIDTH 5.8 CMS TEMPLES 13 CMS
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingUS$49 Express Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 4-5 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
In 1953, Ottavio “Tai” (1921–2013) and Rosita (b. 1931) Missoni opened a small knitwear shop in Gallarate, Italy, paving the way for what would become an iconic style of colorful chevron knit.Missoni began with a tracksuit, which featured zippers down the legs because, as Rosita recalls it, “Tai was too lazy to take off his shoes when putting them on.” The couple’s fashion really took off, though, once they discovered the Raschel knitting machine on a trip to a shawl factory. The machine enabled the Missonis to knit multiple colors in a zigzag pattern, a motif that would go on to become synonymous with the Missoni brand across everything from its alluring vintage day dresses and sweaters to its purses, seating and rugs.Missoni held its first fashion show in Florence in 1967 and caused a bit of a sensation when the models’ Lurex dresses proved translucent under the lights at the Pitti Palace. Scandal aside, the show went down in history as a hit, and the Missonis soon made their debut in the United States with the help of legendary fashion editor Diana Vreeland, who gave the variegated Missoni stripe the Vogue seal of approval, saying, “Who says a rainbow has seven colors? It has many shades.” (It was also Vreeland who reportedly introduced the Missonis to Neiman Marcus president Stanley Marcus, effectively shepherding the brand to the American market.)Missoni’s many-shaded rainbow would soon become an emblem of the 1970s fashion scene, earning the brand a permanent place in the fashion canon. In 1973, the New York Times proclaimed: “Missoni’s weaved garments have ended up universal materialistic trifles, as Vuitton sacks and Gucci shoes.”The brand branched into the home market in 1983, with Rosita overseeing this new venture, which included furniture, textiles and accessories. Daughter Angela succeeded her mother at the helm of the brand, where she still serves as president and creative director today; her brother Luca is CEO, while her daughter Margherita is creative director of offshoot M Missoni.Find vintage Missoni clothing and accessories today on 1stDibs.
About the Seller
Located in Amsterdam, Netherlands
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2006
1stDibs seller since 2017
505 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- By MissoniLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Missoni oversized gold frame. Spotless lenses. New never worn or displayed. This item could show ...Category
- By MenradLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Collector Item Menrad M743 Gold Aviator Oversized frame holding a pair of light Fotomatic lenses. ...Category
- By CazalLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Cazal collectors RX item Black & Gold frame. This item may show minor sign of wear due to more than...Category
- By RodenstockLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Rodenstock sunglasses. Polar white accents frame sporting a pair light gradient lenses. Never wo...Category
- By Oliver GoldsmithLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandRare pair of Oliver Goldsmith sunglasses. The very same model worn by Lady Di. Oversized translucent and baby pi...Category
- By CazalLocated in Amsterdam, Noord HollandNew Vintage Cazal 620 Marbled & Silver frame. Perfect for reading spectacles. This item may show minor sign of...Category
You May Also Like
Missoni Tortoise-Shell with Gold Hardware Frame Glasses
Located in New York, NY
Missoni tortoise-shell glasses has gold hardware framed sides covered with plastic tips. Glasses measures 1 7/8" in height and 5 1/4" across. The sides are 5" in length with the ...
Laura Biagiotti Gold and Silver Large Glasses
By Laura Biagiotti
Located in Palm Beach, FL
These Laura Biagiotti glasses are gold and silver. They are in fair condition and have overall wear. Measurements Length: 6.8" Leg Length: 4.5" Lens Length: 2.5" Lens...
Late 20th Century Sunglasses
Diane von Furstenberg Large White Sunglasses - Circa 1970's
By Diane von Furstenberg
Located in Palm Beach, FL
These Diane von Furstenberg sunglasses have large white frames and peach lenses. They are in good condition with overall markings. Circa 1970's. Measurements Length: 6" Leg Length: ...
COURREGES c.1970's Off White Plastic Half Frame Futuristic Sunglasses 7853
By André Courrèges, Courrèges
Located in Thiensville, WI
DESCRIPTION: COURREGES c.1970's Off White Plastic Half Frame Futuristic Sunglasses 7853 Circa: c.1970’s Designer: Andre Courreges Style: Half frame sunglasses Color(s): Shades of o...
US$315 Sale Price
CHANEL cream acetate Sunglasses brown gradient Lens
By Christian Dior
Located in Zürich, CH
100% authentic Chanel oval shaped sunglasses in nude and black acetate with black patent leather bow detail on temples and gradient brown lenses. Has been worn and is in excellent co...
21st Century and Contemporary Sunglasses
Emilio Pucci Mint Women Brown Sunglasses EP0046-O 4954E 49-20-132 mm
By Emilio Pucci
Located in Rome, Rome
Details MATERIAL: Metal COLOR: Brown MODEL: EP0046-O 4954E GENDER: Women COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE: Italy TYPE: Sunglasses ORIGINAL CASE?: Yes STYLE: Round OCCASION: Casual FE...
Web Mint Women Black Sunglasses WE0211 0002G 128-139 mm
Located in Rome, Rome
Details MATERIAL: Metal COLOR: Black MODEL: WE0211 0002G GENDER: Women COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE: China TYPE: Sunglasses ORIGINAL CASE?: Yes STYLE: Round OCCASION: Casual FEATURES: Ligh...
Cazal Vintage Gold Eyeglasses 236 57/15 125 mm West Germany
Located in Rome, Rome
Rare, Vintage Eyeglasses by CAZAL Mod. 236, from the 80s. Made in West Germany. Gold metal frame. with white triangle detailng. Clear / transparent DEMO lens, with CAZAL signature. M...
20th Century Sunglasses
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery