- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Salvador Dali Italian Silk Necktie, La Femme En Flammes
- DimensionsWidth: 3.75 in. (9.53 cm)Length: 58.5 in. (148.59 cm)
- StyleSurrealist (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Material NotesSalvador Dali's surrealist sculpture 'La Femme En Flammes' is repeated on a high quality Italian made men's silk necktie in shades of brick red, buttery yellow and marigold orange.
- ConditionPreviously owned with no real signs of wear.
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU48736366061
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$70 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Atlanta, GA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About Salvador Dalí (Designer)
Instantly recognizable by his waxed, upturned mustache, the flamboyant Salvador Dalí (1904–89) is one of modern art’s most distinctive figures. He is also one of the icons of the 20-century avant-garde Surrealist movement, whose dreamlike images, drawn from the depths of the unconscious, he deployed in paintings, sculptures, prints and fashion, as well as in film collaborations with Luis Buñuel and Alfred Hitchcock.
Dalí was born in Figueres, Catalonia, and even as a youngster, displayed the sensitivity, sharp perception and vivid imagination that would later define his artworks. In these, he conjured childhood memories and employed religious symbols and Freudian imagery like staircases, keys and dripping candles to create unexpected, often shocking pieces.
His use of hyperrealism in conveying Surrealist symbols and concepts that subvert accepted notions of reality is epitomized in what is perhaps his most recognizable painting, The Persistence of Memory (1931), in which he depicts the fluidity of time through melting clocks, their forms inspired by Camembert cheese melting in the sun. Dalí’s artistic genius, eccentric personality and eternal quest for fame made him a global celebrity. “Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure,” he once said. “That of being Salvador Dalí.”
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery