Archie Eason ‘Wedding Cake’ Hat, C.1960
Turn heads and wow a crowd with this C.1960 Archie Eason candlelight white faille fabric hat constructed with layers resembling a wedding cake. Originally from Georgia, Mr. Eason started his career as a milliner in the 1950’s creating unusual and one-of-kind hats for a Florida Department store soon thereafter taking his talents and knack for innovative designs to New York. His hats are often recognized by a single green sequin on the brim ... a symbol of a unique style. This hat, complete with an explosive pom-pom at the crown, would be an avant-garde choice for a non-traditional bride or anyone looking for an amazing topper. CONDITION The hat is in good condition though the attached netting is frayed and probably should be removed or replaced but could also be tucked into the brim as shown in the photographs. There is a small smudge spot at the front of the brim and some soiling to the interior of the rim, as shown in photographs 12 and 13. MEASUREMENTS The hat measures 9" tall. It is designed to sit on top of the head with the inside rim measuring 19.5" circumference. Two small hair combs are stitched inside the buttery yellow and gold pinstripe lining to provide an anchor for placement. The upturned brim measures 2.5" wide.
- DesignerArchie Eason
- BrandArchie Eason
- In the Style OfAvant-garde
- Place of OriginUnited States
- Material NotesA stiff candlelight white faille fabric hat decorated with unfinished silk strips shaped into a pom-pom and netting.
- Condition DetailsGood condition with some flaws including torn netting, a smudge on the brim and soiling to the inside rim. Please see description and photographs 11, 12 and 13.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 9 in.H 22.86 cm
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Reference NumberLU48737897222
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- Shipping$70Standardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-10 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.See Details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Atlanta, GA
More From This Seller
Vintage French Black & White Bow Hair Ornament ...
Evelyn Varon Green Satin Beaded Hat, 1950's
Eric Javits Animal Print Mohair Bowler Style Hat
Eric Javits, Eric Javits
You May Also Like
Prada Brown Grey Rabbit Fiber Cap
21st Century and Contemporary
ISSEY MIYAKE PLEATS PLEASE yellow raffia straw ...
Hong Kong, NT
Issey Miyake, Issey Miyake
21st Century and Contemporary
Adolfo Black/White Tweed Beret, c.1970