Items Similar to SINGING THEIR SONGS Signed Lithograph, For My People by Margaret Walker View More
Elizabeth CatlettSINGING THEIR SONGS Signed Lithograph, For My People by Margaret Walker
SINGING THEIR SONGS is an original hand drawn limited edition lithograph by the highly acclaimed African-American woman artist Elizabeth Catlett, master printmaker and sculptor best known for her depictions of the African-American experience. SINGING THEIR SONGS is a four part portrait portraying the singing head of a black woman, a black woman dressed in brown floral calico kneeling in prayer, two small linocut male African heads printed in brown on a deep turquoise Japanese rice paper background, and the singing head of a young boy in a green checkered shirt. The vibrant color combination of deep turquoise, bright coral red orange, dark brown, white and neutral gray create a striking graphic composition by Elizabeth Catlett. From the FOR MY PEOPLE suite of prints, a set of 6 lithographs illustrating the well known 1942 poem by Margaret Walker. "For my people everywhere singing their slave songs repeatedly: their dirges and their ditties and their blues and jubilees, praying their prayers nightly to an unknown god, bending their knees humbly to an unseen power;" stanza from the poem FOR MY PEOPLE by Margaret Walker Print size 23” x 19” Color lithograph on archival Arches paper, 100% acid free, Edition printed using traditional hand lithography methods by J.K. Fine Art Editions Co, NJ. Published in 1992 by the Limited Editions Club, NY.
- Creation Year1992
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsVery fine condition, never been framed or mounted, hand signed in pencil, dated and inscribed P.P.(Printers Proof) aside from edition of 99, printers chop mark embossed on lower corner
- DimensionsH 23 in. x W 19 in. x D .125 in.H 58.42 cm x W 48.26 cm x D 3.18 mm
- Gallery LocationUnion City, NJ
- Reference NumberLU83235196971
- More Editions & SizesEdition 99Price: $2,875
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Union City, NJ
More From This Seller
Elizabeth CatlettTO MARRY Signed Lithograph, For My People by Margaret Walker, Bride and Groom, 1992
TO MARRY Signed Lithograph, For My People by Ma...
Elizabeth CatlettWALKING BLINDLY Signed Lithograph, Black Woman, For My People by Margaret Walker, 1992
$2,100 Sale Price
WALKING BLINDLY Signed Lithograph, Black Woman,...
Elizabeth CatlettCHILDREN WITH FLOWERS Signed Lithograph, Colorful Collage Multicultural Portrait, 1995
$1,995 Sale Price
CHILDREN WITH FLOWERS Signed Lithograph, Colorf...
MAN, Signed Woodcut, Indigenous Portrait Head, ...
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary
You May Also Like
I am the Black Woman
1940s American Modern
Sister's portrait - XXI Century, Contemporary F...
Early 2000s Contemporary
Sister's portrait, a reflection - XXI Century, ...
Early 2000s Contemporary
No title - XXI Century, Contemporary Figurative...
Baseball Game: realist large-scale black and wh...