Items Similar to Bergsturz - Original Etching by M. Klinger - 1881
1 of 4
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Max KlingerBergsturz - Original Etching by M. Klinger - 1881
Bergsturz ( Landslide), is an original etching and aquatint on paper Chine collé, realized by Max Klinger in 1881, hand-signed, plate VI from “Intermezzi” Opus IV, 4th state on 4, first edition. Included a frame. Here the artwork represents some Centaurs in a rocky land downside of a mountain, beside a lake, Max Klinger is celebrated for his use of the graphic arts to explore imaginative subjects related to myth and fantasy. In very good conditions. Max Klinger was a German symbolist painter, sculptor, printmaker, and writer. Klinger was born in Leipzig and studied in Karlsruhe. An admirer of the etchings of Menzel and Goya, he shortly became a skilled and imaginative engraver in his own right. He began creating sculptures in the early 1880s. This artwork is shipped from Italy. Under existing legislation, any artwork in Italy created over 70 years ago by an artist who has died requires a licence for export regardless of the work’s market price. The shipping may require additional handling days to require the licence according to the final destination of the artwork.
- ArtistMax Klinger (1857 - 1920)
- Creation Year1881
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsInsurance may be requested by customers as additional service, contact us for more information.
- DimensionsH 15.56 in. x W 10.87 in. x D 0.08 in.H 39.5 cm x W 27.6 cm x D 2 mm
- Gallery LocationRoma, IT
- Reference NumberLU65036146682
- Seller Reference NumberM-106455
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.8 / 5
Our team of world-class specialists approve every seller on 1stdibs.
This distinction is for experienced sellers who continually surpass customer expectations.
1stdibs seller since 2017
Typical response time: 3 hours
Located in Roma, IT
More From This Seller
Adam und Eva (Adam and Eve) - Original Etching by M. Klinger - 1887
Mondnacht - Original Etching by M. Klinger - 1881
Amor, Tod und Jenseits - Original Etching by M. Klinger - 1881
You May Also Like
1880s Old Masters
Satan sement l'ivraie (premier planche). (Satan Sowing Tares).
Late 19th Century Symbolist
Colour, Etching, Other Medium
$3,750 Sale Price
Dishonor (Opus X, 9)
the gate (Opus X, 3)
La maldita circunstancia del agua por todas partes (The Damned Circumstance of W
21st Century and Contemporary Contemporary
La petite marine -- Souvenir de Medway. (Little Seascape, a Remembrance of the M
Drypoint, Etching, Aquatint