Lisa ElleyGarden of Mine
I love a classic floral painting, and here is one of mine done entirely with the palette knife, which gives it amazing thick impasto texture. Spring comes early here in California, I love painting flowers, they are so organic, and so much a part of us, they resonate with me deeply.
About the Artist
Working almost exclusively with a palette knife, Lisa Elley maneuvers her artistic blade with an uncanny fluidity. Why paint only with the knife? She says, when I paint with a brush, which I do occasionally, I tend to focus on the detail. With a palette knife I can't focus on the detail too much, so my paintings are looser, and more gestural, with bigger sweeps and strokes. This technique is called wet-on-wet. And it seems to be quite popular, as she has been bestowed the title Knife Queen by her facebook fans. Fun fact: Lisa;s high school art teacher told her to study harder at math, as a career in art was impossible.
Garden of Mine
Oil painting on wood
Natural wood edges
Ready to hang
Signed on front and back
10 in. h x 10 in. w x 1 in. d
0 lbs. 6 oz.
- Creation Year2018
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsGarden of Mine. Lisa Elley. Oil painting on wood. Natural wood edges. Ready to hang. One-of-a-kind. Signed on front and back.
- DimensionsH 10 in. x W 10 in. x D 1 in.H 25.4 cm x W 25.4 cm x D 2.54 cm
- Gallery LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Reference NumberLU92213695282
- Seller Reference Number60866
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.