Items Similar to Snow In The Park, Dresden Palace, German 19th Century Impressionist View More
Edmund KornerSnow In The Park, Dresden Palace, German 19th Century Impressionist
The Palace gardens in the Snow, by Dresden Impressionist Edmund Körner (1873 -1930). Körner was the master student of Gotthart Kuehl, and is renowned for the way in which he handles colours. His palette for this wintery view of a park is both subtle and luminous. Depicted is the Nymphenbad, the “Nymphs’ baths”in the gardens of the Zwinger baroque palace in Dresden. It is a place that Körner depicted in all seasons, and clearly had great affection for. I am almost certain that it was painted sur le motif, right out there in the gardens themselves, despite the cold of winter. An oil on board signed at the lower right, the painting measures 34 x 29.5 cm. The overall size including the painting's original, lavish frame is 57 x 52 cm.
- ArtistEdmund Korner (1873, German)
- Creation Yearca 1890
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsWear to the edges of the painting, not visible when under frame. Panel slightly concave. Visible repair to the lacquer of the original frame.
- DimensionsH 13.39 in. x W 11.42 in. x D 0.4 in.H 34 cm x W 29 cm x D 1 cm
- Gallery LocationNorwich, GB
- Reference NumberLU99133781461
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2018
Located in Norwich, GB
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
French Barbizon Country Scene, Manner Of Galian...
Late 19th Century Impressionist Landscape Paintings
his landscape, dating from the late nineteenth century, is very much in the style of the artists working in the Seine-et-Marne region, such as Eugène Galien-Laloue, who had a house i...
Marcel KervellaWinter in Brittany, France, Seaside snow, French Post Impressionist ex Petrides, ca 1957
Winter in Brittany, France, Seaside snow, Frenc...
1950s Impressionist Landscape Paintings
Our wintery Brittany landscape by Marcel Kervella has illustrious provenance: it was acquired from the Gallery of Paul Petrides, the mythical art dealer who represented Vlamick, Fouj...
Paris Notre Dame Cathedral and the Seine in Sum...
1880s Impressionist Landscape Paintings
If the definition of Impressionism is "relatively small, thin, yet visible brush strokes, open composition, emphasis on accurate depiction of light in its changing qualities (...), ...
Montmartre and Scare Coeur: the Diderot Sculptu...
PAUL DE FRICK
Early 20th Century Impressionist Landscape Paintings
A charming and unusual depiction of a Paris Square in Montmartre by Paul de Frick (1864-1935). Noted artist De Frick studied with Gustave Boulagner and Luc Olivier Merson. He would g...