Items Similar to Le Coq Gaulois, French Roosters View More
Helen GleiforstLe Coq Gaulois, French Roosters
Charming painting of colorful Gallic "Le Coq Gaulois" roosters by listed California artist Helen Enoch Gleiforst (American,1903-1997), circa 1950. Born in Crete, Nebraska, Helen Gleiforst moved with her family to San Diego, California. Gleiforst settled in Beverly Hills where she began to paint. Her teachers included Nicolai Fechin, George Melcher, John Hubbard Rich, Dedrick Stuber and Nell Walker Warner who influenced her floral paintings. Gleiforst also lived in Carmel, California. Signed "Gleiforst" lower right. Giltwood and linen frame. Image 18"H x 24"W.
- Creation Year1950
- Movement & Style
- Condition Detailsvery good Some minor edge wear to Masonite
- DimensionsH 18 in. x W 24 in. x D 1 in.H 45.72 cm x W 60.96 cm x D 2.54 cm
- Gallery LocationSoquel, CA
- Reference NumberLU542167132
- Seller Reference NumberRS1020
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Soquel, CA
More From This Seller
Circus Big Top - Horses, Riders & Clowns
1940s American Impressionist Figurative Paintings
Capturing the drama and theatrics unique to the circus experience is this vintage oil painting by an unknown California artist, titled "Circus Big Top - Horses, Riders and Clowns." U...
Donna TerryGirl with Llama, 1988
$1,080 Sale Price
Girl with Llama
1980s American Impressionist Figurative Paintings
Girl with her llama by California artist Donna Terry. Signed "Donna Terry" lower right. Unframed. Image size, 36"H x 24"W.
Benton ClarkSteeplechase Magazine Illustration 1945, 1945
$2,600 Sale Price
Steeplechase Magazine Illustration 1945
1940s American Impressionist Animal Paintings
A vintage, dramatic scene of the rigorous sport of steeplechasing by artist Benton Henderson Clark (American, 1895-1964). Signed and dated lower right "Benton Clark 1945." Presented ...
Frank Vincent DumondMoments Rest, 1885 Frank Vincent DuMond, 1885
$1,320 Sale Price
Moments Rest, 1885 Frank Vincent DuMond
Frank Vincent Dumond
1880s American Impressionist Figurative Paintings
Watercolour, Rag Paper
19th Century watercolor of a boy with a Horse drawn cart at feeding time, 1885 by Frank Vincent DuMond (American, 1865-1951). Signed on verso torn paper backing ...