Items Similar to Hall, Athelhampton, Dorsetshire. View More
Joseph NashHall, Athelhampton, Dorsetshire.
A hand tinted lithograph and a lively scene of men and women engaging in a light hearted game of the era by artist Joseph Nash (British, 1808-1878). Signed and dated "J. Nash 1840" lower left. Displayed in a wood frame with linen mat. Image, 11.75"H x 16"L. Nash studied with the artist and architect Augustus Charles Pugin, with whom he travelled to France to assist and prepare architectural drawings for a book entitled "Paris and its Environs", published in 1830. He exhibited at the Royal Academy, British Institution and the New Watercolour Society. He was elected to the Old Water Colour Society of England in 1842. He was skilled as a draftsman, architect, watercolor painter, engraver, and lithographer. Between 1839 and 1849, Nash published his major work, a 4-volume set entitled "Mansions of England in the Olden Time" - a collection of 100 large lithographs with exteriors and interiors of prominent medieval castles and homes. To accomplish this, Nash traveled all over the country. He concentrated on the architectural aspects of the buildings, which he brought to life with the inclusion of groups of people.
- ArtistJoseph Nash (1808 - 1878, British)
- Creation Year1840
- Condition DetailsSome staining on linen mat. Small moisture stains on paper. Rustic painted frame, paint has been retouched. We include the mat and frame as protection for the lithograph only.
- DimensionsH 27 in. x W 22 in. x D 2 in.H 68.58 cm x W 55.88 cm x D 5.08 cm
- Gallery LocationSoquel, CA
- Reference NumberLU542610332
- Seller Reference NumberS2286
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Soquel, CA
More From This Seller
UnknownSirene II, 1995
$775 Sale Price
1990s Abstract Expressionist Mixed Media
Gouache, Linen, Lithograph, Paper
Collotype and collage with linen, paper and gouache. Layers of texture create a rich visual assemblage. Signed lower right and on verso; signature illegible, Artists Proof. Displayed...
Emogene CrawfordMid-century Poppies, 1970
$375 Sale Price
1970s Abstract Impressionist More Art
Paper, Ink, Gouache
Mixed media painting of poppies by Emogene Crawford (American, 1922-2013). Originally from San Bernardino, California, Crawford was a resident of Sedona, Arizona. Presented in a meta...
Charles Edmund BrockPendennis, Captain Costigan and Miss Fotheringay, 1910
$2,600 Sale Price
Pendennis, Captain Costigan and Miss Fotheringay
Charles Edmund Brock
1910s Realist Figurative Paintings
An fine period watercolor, dated 1910, an illustration by Charles Edmund Brock (English, 1870-1938). This, from a semi-autobiographical novel written by William Makepeace Thackeray, ...
Morehead City Docks, North Carolina
1950s American Realist Landscape Drawings and Watercolours
Paper, Ink, Watercolour
Highly detailed watercolor of a boat in drydock being refurbished, by Joe Yeager (American, 20th Century). Yeager's skills as a technical artist are prominently on display in the rig...