Artwork from my Cats series. I am a cat person; I love having them in my home. I own two beautiful cats, whose grace and elegance inspire me to make cats a recurring theme in my art. This piece is made using dyes and acrylic paints on Chinese silk. When applied, liquid dyes and paints quickly flow across the silk. In order to halt this movement, a material called a resist is used, which stops the dyes from spreading and creates strong lines, shapes, and details. Once the painting is completed, the surface is steamed to make the dyes bright and color-fast.
About the Artist
Silk is the fabric of the soul. On it, Yelena Sidorova pours paint in colorful sheets that shimmer and glisten with emotion. The process of painting on silk requires a delicate approach. Yelena has the gentleness required to weave mysteriously provocative paintings. She says, I transform the world around me: every drop of dye on silk is one drop of magic into my existence.
Fabric dye, silk paint, acrylic on stretched silk
Painting wraps around edges
Ready to hang
Signed on front and back
24 in. h x 24 in. w x 1.5 in. d
3 lbs. 0 oz.
- Creation Year2019
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsMathew. Yelena Sidorova. Fabric dye, silk paint, acrylic on stretched silk. Painting wraps around edges. Ready to hang. One-of-a-kind. Signed on front and back.
- DimensionsH 24 in. x W 24 in. x D 1.5 in.H 60.96 cm x W 60.96 cm x D 3.81 cm
- Gallery LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Reference NumberLU92214226181
- Seller Reference Number63759
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.