Items Similar to 1970s "Cable Car" Photo-Etch on Paper View More
Barbara Lewis1970s "Cable Car" Photo-Etch on Paper
Entitled "Cable Car" this 1970s photo-etch on paper is by Chicago-based painter, photographer, and printmaker Barbara Lewis (1925-2008). Lewis studied at the Art Institute of Chicago (1943), University of Illinois at Chicago (1967-70), and the IIT Institute of Design (MFA in Printmaking, 1970-72). Through her mixed-media compositions, she explored Abstract Expressionism and Pop Art, often using imagery of Chicago and her travels to Europe and Northern Africa. Signed and dated lower right. Titled lower left.
- Creation Year1970
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsMinor vintage wear.
- DimensionsH 14 in. x W 6.75 in. x D .07 in.H 35.56 cm x W 17.15 cm x D 1.78 mm
- Gallery LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Reference NumberLU29823831731
- Seller Reference Number99063
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 30 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2015
Located in San Francisco, CA
More From This Seller
1970s "Shadow of an Escape" Monochromatic Etching
1970s American Modern Landscape Prints
Entitled "Shadow of an Escape" this 1974 monochromatic etching print on paper is by Chicago-based painter, photographer, and printmaker Barbara Lewis (1925-2008). Lewis studied at t...
"Railroad Hands" Screen Print and Collage, 20th...
Late 20th Century American Modern Mixed Media
This circa late 20th century screen print and collage on paper entitled "Railroad Hands" is by Chicago-based painter, photographer, and printmaker Barbara Lewis (1925-2008). Lewis s...
Abstracted Minimal Lithograph on Paper in Red
Late 20th Century Modern Abstract Prints
This late 20th century litograph print on paper in red is by Chicago-based painter, photographer, and print maker Barbara Lewis (1925-2008). Lewis studied at the Art Institute of Ch...
Late 20th Century Woodcut Print of A Still Life
Late 20th Century Modern Still-life Prints
This late 20th century woodcut on paper of a still life is by Chicago-based painter, photographer, and printmaker Barbara Lewis (1925-2008). Lewis studied at the Art Institute of Ch...