Items Similar to Couple Embracing in Street at Night
1 of 5
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Ito ShinsuiCouple Embracing in Street at Night
Sumi ink drawing, c. 1928 Signed in the lower right corner (see detail) Original illustration for the novel "Gunmo" (Hoi Polloi or Blind and Foolish Masses), volume 4 in the "Complete Works of Burafu Nakamura." Nakamura, a popular Japanese novelist and playwright, lived from 1886-1949. Framed in acid free rag matting, OP3 Acrylic and a rounded corner metal leaf frame Sight size: 6-3/4 x 5-3/8" Frame size: 14-5/8 x 12-5/8 x 3/4" Shinsui Itō (Japanese: 伊東 深水, romanized: Itō Shinsui; 4 February 1898 – 8 May 1972) was the pseudonym of a Nihonga painter and ukiyo-e woodblock print artist in Taishō- and Shōwa-period Japan. He was one of the great names of the shin-hanga art movement, which revitalized the traditional art after it began to decline with the advent of photography in the early 20th century. His real name was Itō Hajime (Japanese: 伊東 一). Courtesy of Wikipedia
- ArtistIto Shinsui (1898 - 1972, Japanese)
- Creation Year1928
- MediumSumi Ink
- Movement & StyleEdo
- Condition DetailsExcellent Archival framing and presentation
- DimensionsH 6.75 in. x W 5.375 in.H 17.15 cm x W 13.66 cm
- Gallery LocationFairlawn, OH
- Reference NumberLU1406173332
- Seller Reference NumberUK1073
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 10 days of delivery.
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
Our team of world-class specialists approve every seller on 1stdibs.
This distinction is for experienced sellers who continually surpass customer expectations.
This designation is for sellers whose items consistently exemplify the best of 1stdibs.
This seller is a vetted member of professional associations.
1stdibs seller since 2013
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Fairlawn, OH
More From This Seller
Believe in Jesus and be saved from everlasting Hell
Brick Tops Place Paris '27; Verso: Elliot Paul gives a party for Picasso, Paris
Graphite, Ink, Watercolour
You May Also Like
Woman with Lamb
Ink, Paper, Watercolour
$1,200 Sale Price
Cleo McGee Grading Papers
Paper, Sumi Ink, Watercolour, Pencil
The Travellers - 1920s British Children's book illustration by Frank Watkins
Gentleman of the Road
Mid-20th Century Realist
Seeds - 1920s original children's book illustration by Frank Watkins
The Bird Man - original 1920s children's pen and ink book illustration
End of a Perfect Day - Hunting drawing by British Sporting artist Lionel Edwards
Early 1900s Realist