Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence
Here at 1stdibs one of our core values is ‘Say It With Data’ and we are looking for an exceptional Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence to join our Business Intelligence team. Our Google Analytics implementation is a complex and exciting challenge to take on. Our core business has aligned itself around Google Analytics segmentation and the success of these teams come from the strength of our Google Analytics implementation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages web analytics to drive decisions. To succeed, you will have an intimate familiarity with Google Analytics and you will be an expert in translating new product features into tracking requirements. You will develop and refine your business acumen by constantly balancing the needs of technical implementation, feature optimization and analytical measurement.
This is an exciting role with lots of room for development as we haven’t yet reached our full potential with Google Analytics. This role and the wider Business Intelligence team is the mechanism for how we ‘Say It With Data’ within our company and as such, this is a high visibility and high impact position, with regular exposure to top management
What you’ll do
- Take ownership over tagging, implementation and reporting of Google Analytics
- Develop best practices for ongoing application of tag management solutions
- Work closely with various cross-functional stakeholders such as ecommerce, performance marketing, content, technology, product and advertising to capture the data needed to drive business decisions.
- Validate accuracy and completeness of data captured, and maintain technical documentation
- Partner with Analytics team to ensure captured data meet the reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Review data trends post-implementation to confirm accuracy and identify anomalies
- Assist Analytics in automating reporting and data requests
What you'll bring
- B.A. in computer science, business analytics or a quantitative field
- 2-5 years of experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, tracking data etc
- Ability to translate and document business requirements into site tracking and reporting guidelines
- Ability to identify | interpret trends and anomalies in data and troubleshoot accordingly
- Ability to think critically about problems to identify root cause
- Strong organizational skills | attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with debugging tools such as Chrome Debugger, Fiddler, HTTPWatch, etc.
- Experience with querying languages (SQL) and some flavor of database (relational or otherwise)
- Experience with version control (Github)
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Client Services Specialist
- Client Services Specialist (Evening Hours)
- Concierge Support Specialist
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Director, EU Account Management
- Front-End Engineer
- Java Software Engineer
- Logistics Claims Coordinator
- Senior Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes