Client Partners on the Trade Team work to grow spend for our top priority design firms across the country by building relationships with key stakeholders including Principals, designers, and various members of purchasing and procurement teams and growing their spend on the 1stdibs platform.
You will be responsible for working with designers in your book of business to identify and execute against spend opportunities. You’ll also be tasked with educating clients on new product features and Trade Program benefits. This role will require travel into market to visit with clients at their offices and at industry events across the country.
The role is perfect for someone with 5+ years of B2B sales experience. You will be a self-starter who can jump in without being asked, who is adaptable to change and comfortable in a startup environment – ready to roll up their sleeves, jump in the trenches, and wear multiple hats when necessary.
What you’ll do
- Own and work towards a quarterly quota of spend for your assigned accounts
- Solution mapping for all accounts and education of new features and benefits
- Serving as an internal advocate for firms at 1stdibs (e.g., product feedback, navigating editorial, event invites, point of escalation)
- Identifying strategic solutions and customizations for the unique business needs of top spending accounts
- Conduct regular in person meetings to educate account members on how to utilize features and tools on the site
- Capture and maintain customer loyalty by clearly understanding how 1stdibs adds value to their firm
- The role requires travel for client meetings as well as industry and partner events
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in a sales role at a SaaS or technology start-up
- Experience managing a book of roughly 100 accounts and helping identify scale down that account list to about 50 accounts
- Experience presenting to Director/VP/Principal contacts within industry leading organizations
- Excellent time management skills + ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to map decision-making processes within a complex organization
- Timely and thoughtful follow-up to creating trust and strong relationships with your accounts
- Ability to identify and overcome objections throughout the full sales cycle
- Works well in a team based environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Understanding of the 1stdibs competitive landscape – from both traditional sources and new technology companies
- A passion for interior design, art, objects d’art, decorative arts, or architecture and an ability to communicate with clients on these subjects
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Client Partner
- Client Services Specialist (Evening Hours)
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Director, EU Account Management
- Director, Luxury Client Sales
- Director, Revenue Operations
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Public Relations
- Java Software Engineer
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Marketing Manager, 1stdibs Gallery
- Senior Operations Manager
- Technical Marketing Analyst
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes