Analyst - Business Intelligence
Here at 1stdibs one of our core values is ‘Say It With Data’ and we are looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Engineering team. As our data needs and infrastructure continue to grow, we are seeking our ideal teammate to help us build durable, scalable processes and tools to help support our ever-growing demand for quantitative metrics to advise our business decisions. From Audience Segmentation to Sales Growth Analysis to A/B Variant Testing, data drives all aspects of our business forward.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and develop expertise around how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages data to drive its business decisions. You will partner with cross-functional teams including Product and Marketing to help define the roadmap, drive data strategy, and prioritize initiatives. You will improve and refine your business acumen by constantly balancing the needs of technical implementation, feature optimization and analytical measurement.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with various cross-functional stakeholders such as e-commerce, performance marketing, content, technology, product and advertising to capture the data needed to drive business decisions
- Validate accuracy and completeness of data captured, and maintain technical documentation
- Partner with Analytics team to ensure captured data meets the reporting/dashboarding requirements
- Review data trends post-implementation to confirm accuracy and identify anomalies
- Assist Analytics in automating reporting and data requests
- Help design A/B test experiments and assist in reporting on experiment results
What you'll bring
- B.S. in computer science, business analytics or a quantitative field
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working with data to drive business intelligence
- Experience working with Web Analytic software (Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture)
- Exposure to BI software (Looker, Tableau, Chartio, SSRS/SSAS, etc.)
- Ability to translate and document business requirements into site tracking and reporting guidelines
- Proficiency in identifying/interpreting trends and anomalies in data, and troubleshooting accordingly
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail and capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves
- Data modeling experience in data warehouses or RDBS (Redshift, MySQL, Postgres)
- Familiarity with debugging tools such as Chrome Debugger, Fiddler, HttPWatch, etc.
- Experience with querying languages (SQL) and some flavor of database (relational or otherwise)
- Knowledge of version control (GitHub)
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Analyst - Business Intelligence
- Client Partner
- Client Services Specialist (Evening Hours)
- Customer Experience Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Director, EU Account Management
- Director, Luxury Client Sales
- Director, Revenue Operations
- Front-End Engineer
- Head of Public Relations
- Java Software Engineer
- Senior Data Analyst
- Senior Front-End Engineer
- Senior Marketing Manager, 1stdibs Gallery
- Senior Operations Manager
- Technical Marketing Analyst
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Full Benefits & 401(k)
- Paid Family Leave
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Classes